Flickingeria hesperis Seidenf.

Skip to the first unread message

Pankaj Kumar

27 Sept 2010, 1:15:44 pm27/09/10
to indiantreepix
Flickingeria hesperis Seidenf., Nordic J. Bot. 2: 16 (1982).
Family: Orchidaceae
Location: Endemic to Uttarakhand
Altitude: ~800 - 1200m

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

FLICKINGERIA HESPERIS.jpg

Balkar Arya

27 Sept 2011, 9:00:14 am27/09/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Yes Pankaj Ji So beautifuly prepared Slides. thanks a lot for showing
i dont know how these slides escaped from me
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Pankaj Kumar

27 Sept 2011, 9:03:35 am27/09/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Thanks you sir...
This plant blooms for one day and gives one flower on one plant. That
is one plant, one flower in one year.
And I was lucky enough with my best friend Dr. Jyotsna Sharma from
Texas Tech University to be there and see this plant in bloom....
Even the person who described this (Dr. Gunnar Seidenfaden, now dead)
species never saw live plant but dry herbarium specimen.
Its sometimes also referred to as ONE DAY FLOWERING ORCHID.
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)

Balkar Arya

27 Sept 2011, 9:06:25 am27/09/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Great you are very lucky to see this in flowering. These are happiest moments when any one saw this type of special botanical incidents.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

27 Sept 2011, 9:06:31 am27/09/11
to efloraofindia
Just to change the subject.
Pankaj

On Sep 27, 9:03 pm, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks you sir...
> This plant blooms for one day and gives one flower on one plant. That
> is one plant, one flower in one year.
> And I was lucky enough with my best friend Dr. Jyotsna Sharma from
> Texas Tech University to be there and see this plant in bloom....
> Even the person who described this (Dr. Gunnar Seidenfaden, now dead)
> species never saw live plant but dry herbarium specimen.
> Its sometimes also referred to as ONE DAY FLOWERING ORCHID.
> Pankaj
>

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Pankaj Ji So beautifuly prepared Slides. thanks a lot for showing
> > i dont know how these slides escaped from me
>
> > On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>
>        sahanipan...@gmail.com
>        pankajsah...@rediffmail.com

Balkar Arya

27 Sept 2011, 9:08:20 am27/09/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
But attachments missed. i think you have not included original attachments

Satish Phadke

27 Sept 2011, 9:59:13 am27/09/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Simply great opportunity and you made use of it in a great way.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Pankaj Kumar

Pankaj Kumar

27 Sept 2011, 10:00:55 am27/09/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes, sir, it was great luck. This made both of us (Me and Jyotsna) so
happy. It was towards the end of our aroudn 15 kms trek in the
himalaya in Gori Valley.
Great and memorable experience.
Pankaj