URARIA PICTA

Skip to the first unread message

prasanna gogate

7 Mar 2011, 12:43:53 pm07/03/11
to efloraofindia
IT IS IMPORTANT PLANT IN MEDICINE. I AM INTRESED TO DEVELOPED NURSERY TECHNIQUES IN COLLEGE. PLZ HELP ME TO ARRANGE SEEDS.
DSC01419.JPG
DSC01420.JPG
DSC01421.JPG
DSC01422.JPG
DSC01423.JPG
DSC01424.JPG

Vijayasankar

7 Mar 2011, 2:35:40 pm07/03/11
to prasanna gogate, efloraofindia
I think you inadvertantly labeled this as Uraria picta, or attached wrong pictures instead of Uraria.
I look forward to see your pictures of Uraria picta!

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Mahadeswara

7 Mar 2011, 10:57:12 pm07/03/11
to efloraofindia
This is not Uraria species. This is one of the Phylolanthaceae
members. Possibly Sauropus androgynus , the protein plant.

On Mar 7, 10:43 pm, prasanna gogate <gogat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IT IS IMPORTANT PLANT IN MEDICINE. I AM INTRESED TO DEVELOPED NURSERY
> TECHNIQUES IN COLLEGE. PLZ HELP ME TO ARRANGE SEEDS.
>
>  DSC01419.JPG
> 360KViewDownload
>
>  DSC01420.JPG
> 329KViewDownload
>
>  DSC01421.JPG
> 339KViewDownload
>
>  DSC01422.JPG
> 300KViewDownload
>
>  DSC01423.JPG
> 325KViewDownload
>
>  DSC01424.JPG
> 334KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

18 Jun 2011, 11:13:55 am18/06/11
to efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, Mahadeswara Swamy, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I think you inadvertantly labeled this as Uraria picta, or attached wrong pictures instead of Uraria.

I look forward to see your pictures of Uraria picta!

Regards
Vijayasankar Raman”

“This is not Uraria  species.   This is one of the Phylolanthaceae
members.  Possibly Sauropus androgynus
, the protein plant.”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

DSC01419.JPG
DSC01420.JPG
DSC01421.JPG
DSC01422.JPG
DSC01423.JPG
DSC01424.JPG

J.M. Garg

19 Jun 2011, 10:03:51 am19/06/11
to efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, Mahadeswara Swamy, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, mpar...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
A reply:
"This is Sauropus androgynus. Commonly known as Chukramanicheera in Malayalam.
Santhosh
Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR PhD, FIAT, FLS
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode"

Parvati Menon

19 Jun 2011, 10:16:23 pm19/06/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, prasanna gogate, Mahadeswara Swamy, santhos...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, kotta...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, rites...@gmail.com
Yes it is Sauropus androgynus. It is also called diabetes cheera.

Dr. Parvati menon
 Head Post Graduate and Research Dept. of Botany,
 Mahatma Gandhi College,
 Thiruvananthapuram,- 695004
Kerala.
--