orcid for identification

Vijayadas D

Sep 20, 2009, 3:45:54 AM9/20/09
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

I am sending another one orchid for identification
--
VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!
05.jpg

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Sep 20, 2009, 4:33:21 AM9/20/09
to indiantreepix

This is Acampe rigida or ochracea, but is it on ground....??

Vijayadas D

Sep 20, 2009, 5:37:57 AM9/20/09
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
It is epiphytic   and from my collection, were I collected from  Angamoozhy ,Pathanamthitta ,Kerala and  didnt noticed from else where.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Dr. Pankaj Kumar <sahani...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is Acampe rigida or ochracea, but is it on ground....??

J.M. Garg

Oct 13, 2009, 1:23:44 AM10/13/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Vijayadas D, navendu page
Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.
Earlier relevant feedback
"This is Acampe rigida or ochracea, but is it on ground....??
Dr. Pankaj Kumar"
"It is epiphytic   and from my collection, were I collected from  Angamoozhy, Pathanamthitta ,Kerala and  didnt noticed from else where.
Vijayadas D"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

05.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 13, 2009, 12:02:04 PM10/13/09
to indiantreepix, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Vijayadas D, navendu page
Reply from Navendu ji:
"Hi
I agree with Pankaj
navendu"

Pankaj Kumar

Jul 4, 2011, 2:59:52 PM7/4/11
to indiantreepix
I considered rechecking this and on the basis of smaller flowers and
narrower leaves I will call this as Acampe ochracea.
Regards
Pankaj

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Dr Pankaj Kumar
<sahani...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Smilax004

Jul 5, 2011, 12:23:57 AM7/5/11
to efloraofindia
I too agree that this is Acampe ochracea. Branched inflorescence is
another distinguishing character of A.ochracea. I have seen both the
species of Acampe (A.ochracea & A. praemorsa) growing on rocks and
even in soil as well, near Thattekkad and Sabarimala.

Regards
Giby