Fabaceae-Faboideae (Papilionaceae) Week from November 7 to 13, 2011

Skip to the first unread message

Gurcharan Singh

15 Oct 2011, 6:41:21 am15/10/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends
Following episodes have been scheduled for coming months. The coming three episodes will cover the Family Fabaceae. Looking at the huge size of this family in our country, it will be covered in three episodes:
November, 2011: Fabaceae-Faboidea (Papilionaceae)
December, 2011: Fabaceae-Caesalpinioideae (Caesalpiniaceae)
January,    2012:  Fabaceae-Mimosoideae (Mimosaceae)
Members are requested to please keep their identified photographs ready for sharing in these episodes. They would also have chance to upload pending photographs for ID belonging to each episode. Let us participate in these with the same vigour as previous episodes.
Members may please volunteer to coordinate these or other episodes of their choice.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pudji Widodo

15 Oct 2011, 11:18:32 am15/10/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Dr Gurcharan Ji,

I think Fabaceae also includes Subfamily Kramerioideae because it is
frequently treated with the Leguminosae, although the fruits do not
split open as do legumes, e.g.Cyometra cauliflora. What do you think?

Regards,
Pudji Widodo
Faculty of Biology Jenderal Soedirman University
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA

Gurcharan Singh

15 Oct 2011, 12:35:32 pm15/10/11
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
Dear Pudji
Krameriaceae, I suppose remotely from Fabaceae under Rosids, not even under Fabids in APG Ssystem. I would be interesting to know in which system of classification Krameria is placed under Fabaceae (as Kramerioideae).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Satish Phadke

18 Oct 2011, 10:28:20 am18/10/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg
I have no time in Dec and Jan. I think We will ask Yazdi ji for the next month since I have already started working on this Nov family week.......
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Gurcharan Singh

18 Oct 2011, 11:12:31 am18/10/11
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, J.M. Garg
Sorry Satish ji
It was blunder on my part. I announced Yazdy ji instead of you. I will rectify in next mail.