Habenaria commelinifolia– NSD 43

Nayan Singh

Oct 9, 2009, 3:29:23 AM10/9/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com

Friends,

Seen this ground orchid in Satpura & Pench Tiger Reserves

I think this is Habenaria commelinifolia

Please confirm the id

Thanks

Nayan

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Keep up with people you care about with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.
Habenaria commelinifolia.jpg
Habenaria commelinifolia 1.jpg

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Oct 9, 2009, 3:38:10 AM10/9/09
to indiantreepix

Yes sir,
this is

Habenaria commelinifolia (Roxb.) Wall. ex Lindl., Gen. Sp. Orchid.
Pl.: 325 (1835).

Nice picture!!
Regards
Pankaj

Nayan Singh

Oct 9, 2009, 3:57:24 AM10/9/09
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Thanks Dear Pankaj,
for prompt response and id confirmation
thanks again
Nayan

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Oct 10, 2009, 3:29:34 AM10/10/09
to Nayan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Habenaria commelinifolia' is called 'Komal Amri' 'कोमल अमरी' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568