efloraofindia:250811 BRS5 Plant for ID from Anaikatti.

Skip to the first unread message

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

25 Aug 2011, 3:24:31 am25/08/11
to efloraofindia
Pl. identify the plants.

Date/Time-Location- June- July, 2011.  Anaikatti, Coimbatore Dist. Tamil Nadu
Altitude, 630 MSL
 Habitat- Garden
Type Plant Habit-  Shrub/ Climber
 Size- Flowers Size like lantana camera
Colour- white
Other Information:  Local tribe use the leaf of this plants for treating wounds.
Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

lanta like 4.jpg
lantan like 3.jpg

Satish Phadke

25 Aug 2011, 3:35:57 am25/08/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
White flowers with yellow tube. This should be Lantana indica. Will have to confirm by checking the bracts which are ovate acuminate in L.indica
Dr Phadke

Muthu Karthick

25 Aug 2011, 3:57:19 am25/08/11
to Satish Phadke, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
looks like Lantana veronicifolia Hayek of Verbenaceae... Is this a scandent under-shrub without prickles?

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Pinki

25 Aug 2011, 5:21:12 am25/08/11
to efloraofindia
Lantana sp.

Alok

On Aug 25, 12:57 am, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> looks like *Lantana veronicifolia* Hayek of Verbenaceae... Is this a
> scandent under-shrub without prickles?
>
> Please refer:https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/c4...
>

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > White flowers with yellow tube. This should be *Lantana indica.* Will have
> > to confirm by checking the bracts which are ovate acuminate in L.indica
> > Dr Phadke
>
> > On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy <
> > brspa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Pl. identify the plants.
>
> >> Date/Time-Location- June- July, 2011.  Anaikatti, Coimbatore Dist. Tamil
> >> Nadu
> >> Altitude, 630 MSL
> >>  Habitat- Garden
> >> Type Plant Habit-  Shrub/ Climber
> >>  Size- Flowers Size like lantana camera
> >> Colour- white
> >> Other Information:  Local tribe use the leaf of this plants for treating
> >> wounds.
> >> Thanks
>
> >> B. Rathinasabapathy
> >> Project Co-ordinator
> >> Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
> >> 1388, Avinashi Road
> >> Peelamedu
> >> Coimbatore-641004
>
> >> <http://mail.google.com/subscribe.mhtml>

Vijayasankar

25 Aug 2011, 6:45:33 pm25/08/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
Yes, I agree with Muthu's id. It is Lantana veronicifolia, an unarmed straggling shrub.
Synonyms: L. indica var. albiflora, L. wightiana.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Smilax004

25 Aug 2011, 11:54:56 pm25/08/11
to Vijayasankar, indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick, satish phadke, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy
Yes it is Lantana veronicifolia Hayek of Verbenaceae family.

Regards,
Giby