Id091009PHK 1

Pravin Kawale

Oct 9, 2009, 2:16:13 AM10/9/09
to indiantreepix
Hi,
ID please
A climber at coastal swamp
Alibag
Thanks in advance

DSC07313.JPG
DSC07320.JPG
DSC07318.JPG
DSC07317.JPG

DSC07313.JPG
DSC07320.JPG
DSC07318.JPG
DSC07317.JPG

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 9, 2009, 4:13:04 AM10/9/09
to Pravin Kawale, indiantreepix
This may be Pergularia daemia

Santhosh

2009/10/9 Pravin Kawale <kawale...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar
Tropical BOtanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Satish Phadke

Oct 9, 2009, 5:40:41 AM10/9/09
to Pravin Kawale, indiantreepix
Pergularia daemia
I think most of the climbers(Not all) found wild in open spaces which have heart shaped leaves and are observed growing gregariously esp in western Maharashtra near cities happen to be these.
An Aesclepediaceae family member with typical pentamerous corona in the flowers.
Satish Phadke

2009/10/9 Pravin Kawale <kawale...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 9, 2009, 11:28:00 AM10/9/09
to Satish Phadke, Pravin Kawale, indiantreepix
Pergularia daemia seems to be the closest match, only the flowers seem to be much whiter.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Pravin Kawale

Oct 9, 2009, 1:17:11 PM10/9/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Hi,
Thanks all for ID

On 10/9/09, Dr Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com> wrote:
> Pergularia daemia seems to be the closest match, only the flowers seem to be
> much whiter.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College
> University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018
> Phone: 01125518297; Mobile: 9810359089
> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>

> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 2:40 AM, Satish Phadke
> <phadke...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> *Pergularia daemia*
>> I think most of the climbers(Not all) found wild in open spaces which have
>> heart shaped leaves and are observed growing gregariously esp in western
>> Maharashtra near cities happen to be these.
>> An Aesclepediaceae family member with typical pentamerous corona in the
>> flowers.
>> Satish Phadke
>>

>> 2009/10/9 Pravin Kawale <kawale...@gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> ID please
>>> A climber at coastal swamp
>>> Alibag
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>>> DSC07313.JPG
>>> DSC07320.JPG
>>> DSC07318.JPG
>>> DSC07317.JPG
>>>
>>> These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
>>> Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/
>>>

>> --
>>
>> http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

--
Pravin

Swagat

Oct 10, 2009, 8:14:56 AM10/10/09
to Pravin Kawale, Dr Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Pergularia daemia' is called 'Utaran'  in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Swagat

Oct 10, 2009, 9:54:30 PM10/10/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Dear Dinesh,

Yes you are right... It;s 'उतरण'

That's my spell mistake...

Thanks for correcting.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568
Dear Swagat,

Check whether this Marathi word उतरण suits for utaran

उतरंड or उतरण ... a creeper, Cynanchum extensum

Regards.