Cassytha filiformis 270210MK2

Muthu Karthick

Feb 27, 2010, 7:18:09 AM2/27/10
to indiantreepix

Date/Time- 25 Feb 2010 11:00 am

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Erode Dist. ca. 1100msl; Satyamangalam RF

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herb - twiner

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-  (stem green in colour)

Inflorescence Type/ Size- cluster;

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-  0.5 - 1.0 in length; cream colour;

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- pods

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- no fragrance

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 27, 2010, 11:35:03 AM2/27/10
to efloraofindia
This would be Cuscuta chinensis as 2 styles can be seen, but I am not
aware of other species inTN. Regards, Shrikant

On Feb 27, 5:18 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Date/Time- *25 Feb 2010 11:00 am
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- *Erode Dist. ca. 1100msl; Satyamangalam RF
>
> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- *wild
>
> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- *Herb - twiner
>
> *Height/Length- **
> *
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- * (stem green in colour)
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- *cluster;
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-  *0.5 - 1.0 in length; cream colour;
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- pods
> *
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *no fragrance

> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Junior Research Fellow
> Care Earth Trust
> Chennai - 61www.careearthtrust.org
>

>  Picture 053.jpg
> 118KViewDownload
>
>  Picture 054.jpg
> 123KViewDownload
>
>  Picture 055.jpg
> 132KViewDownload
>
>  Picture 056.jpg
> 144KViewDownload
>
>  Picture 057.jpg
> 212KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Mar 6, 2010, 1:49:13 AM3/6/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
The location is closer to Karnataka sir.

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2010, 1:41:20 AM3/21/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This would be Cuscuta chinensis as 2 styles can be seen, but I am not
aware of other species inTN
. Regards, Shrikant”

“The location is closer to Karnataka sir.” from Muthu ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Picture 053.jpg
Picture 054.jpg
Picture 055.jpg
Picture 056.jpg
Picture 057.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 21, 2010, 3:37:07 AM3/21/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear All,
This Plant is Cuscuta chinensis Lamarck, Encycl. 2: 229. 1786. Because..........

  1. Corolla white, urceolate, ca. 3 mm; lobes persistent triangular-ovate, apex acute or obtuse, reflexed.
  2. Stamens inserted at throat; scales oblong, reaching stamens, long fimbriate. Ovary subglobose.
  3. Styles 2, equal or unequal in length; stigma globose.
All the character can be visualized from the photo No: Picture 055. jpg.

Regards
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Muthu Karthick

Mar 22, 2010, 2:19:50 AM3/22/10
to tanay bose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Thank you Tanayji.

Muthu Karthick

Mar 22, 2010, 3:41:54 AM3/22/10
to tanay bose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear all,
Anyone have pictures of Cuscuta reflexa?
That would be helpful for comparison with this.

Yazdy Palia

Mar 22, 2010, 1:17:47 PM3/22/10
to Muthu Karthick, tanay bose, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman
Hello friends,
How about this?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tony_rodd/2161031273/sizes/l/
Yazdy Palia.

JM Garg

Sep 6, 2017, 4:00:53 AM9/6/17
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
I think it should be Cuscuta campestris Yunck. as per keys as per Flora of China
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to indiantreepix+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Picture 053.jpg
Picture 054.jpg
Picture 055.jpg