For Id 020708JM

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2008, 10:04:37 AM7/2/08
to indiantreepix
On 19/3/08 at Samsing, Duars, West Bengal.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jul 2, 2008, 10:15:12 AM7/2/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Ficus hispida?
akbhatt

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2008, 10:30:53 AM7/2/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
I don't think it's Ficus hispida, with which I was quite familiar in Kolkata. See my earlier post below from Indiantreepix Database:
Ficus hispida (syn. Covellia hispida, F. compressa, F. heterostyla, F. letaqui, F. sambucixylon)  Moraceae Domur, Daduri Ficus hispida in Flora of China @ efloras.org Is it Chukka (Croton roxburghii)? - indiantreepix | Google Groups Ficus hispida

haridasan

Jul 3, 2008, 2:11:39 AM7/3/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear Gargji,
Is that the photographs of Schima wallichii, locally perphaps called Chiloni or Mekri sal??
My appreciation for your great effort. You aere really finding time to coordinate.
Thanks and regards,

Sincerely yors,

K. Haridasan

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2008, 12:39:32 PM7/3/08
to haridasan, indiantreepix
Thanks, Haridasan ji,
After going through the books & net, I think your Id appears to be correct. I could almost match the description in the fillowing link:

Here is some inf. & links from Indiantreepix Database:
Schima wallichii (Syn. S. bancana, S. crenata, S. khasiana, S. mollis, S. noronhae} Theaceae Chiloni, Makrisal, Needlewood  At Murud-Janjira,Maharashtra- Alka ji- 23/9/07?. Species Information Popinjay (Stibochiona nicea)- Plants for Id? - indiantreepix | Google Groups Schima wallichii - Google Image Search