Woody Climber: ID 16Sep11AR01 from Chandagal

Skip to the first unread message

raghu ananth

16 Sept 2011, 7:10:58 am16/09/11
to efloraofindia
Woody Climber: ID 16Sep11AR01

Date/Time-07 Nov
 2010
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Chandagal
, Mysore Dist.

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild, farm fence.
lant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Woody Climber, Tall Bush
Height/Length-approx - No data
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - ~
Heart shaped, Acute,
15
cms
 approx ,
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-Not present
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Milky, ~8cms each

Regards
Raghu
DSC_9452 Leaf.jpg
DSC_9451 Fruit.jpg
DSC_9453 WoodyClimber.jpg
DSC_9455-Milk.jpg

Tanay Bose

16 Sept 2011, 9:37:17 am16/09/11
to raghu ananth, efloraofindia
Something from the family Asclepiadaceae I think
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

raghu ananth

16 Sept 2011, 10:29:06 am16/09/11
to Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Green milkweed climber - Dregea volubilis ?
Leaf and  fruit description agree.

Asclepiadaceae

Regards
Raghu

Vijayasankar

16 Sept 2011, 11:46:21 am16/09/11
to raghu ananth, Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Yes Raghu ji, you are right. This is indeed Dregea volubilis (= Wattakaka volubilis).

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Neil Soares

16 Sept 2011, 1:22:39 pm16/09/11
to raghu ananth, Vijayasankar, Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Hi,
 Agreed. This is the Green Milkweed Climber [Dregea volubilis syn.Wattakaka volubilis]. Sending some of my photographs for comparison. My photographs of its flowers are already in the archives of this group.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

--- On Fri, 9/16/11, Vijayasankar <vijay.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wattakaka volubilis 1.jpg
Wattakaka volubilis 2.jpg
Wattakaka volubilis 3.jpg
Wattakaka volubilis 4.jpg
Wattakaka volubilis 5.jpg

Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati

19 Sept 2011, 5:09:54 am19/09/11
to Neil Soares, raghu ananth, Vijayasankar, Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
My photograph of Dragia volubilis
--
Dr. Shiddamallayya N,
Survey of Medicinal Plant Unit

Balkar Arya

20 Sept 2011, 9:13:00 pm20/09/11
to Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati, Neil Soares, raghu ananth, Vijayasankar, Tanay Bose, efloraofindia
Yes Wattakaka volubilis
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh