Code of conduct for members

Skip to the first unread message

J.M. Garg

22 Feb 2011, 7:16:24 am22/02/11
to efloraofindia
Code of conduct for moderators is available at
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/about-us/moderators/code-of-conduct-for-moderators

I have framed Code of conduct for members as below:
1. All the members are expected to behave with utmost caution while posting/ replying anything so that it doesn't hurt anybody's sentiment. Any deviation from such behaviour may be should be addressed to <indiantre...@googlegroups.com> by sending a mail or reported to Itpmods (by moderators) & no reply/ altercation should be made on Efloraofindia. It is very important that all members learn to stay calm (and not react) even if provoked.
2. Once a particular thread is called for closure by any of the moderators, not a single post should be made in that thread, whatever the situation may be. Any explanation should be addressed to <indiantre...@googlegroups.com> by sending a mail or itpmods (by moderators) and not to the whole group.
3. Any deviation from the above may lead to temporary removal from membership of the group for three months. This may be reviewed subsequently by the moderators after three months.

Anybody can suggest improvements etc.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1500 members & 60,000 messages on 15/1/11 & with a database of around 4500 species on 15/12/10)

Gurcharan Singh

22 Feb 2011, 7:25:02 am22/02/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg ji it is  very fine. All members are requested to follow it.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

22 Feb 2011, 10:29:54 am22/02/11
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Garg sir. It had become a necessity. I remember I
prepared similar rules 1.5 years back but it was accepted just by only
some moderators, hence couldnt be modulated in the group. May be it
was too technical and harsh.
These guidelines would certainly help in curbing notorious elements,
one of which we already banned last year or in 2009.
Thanks again and I would urge all the members to follow these.
Good for all of us!!
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Smita Raskar

22 Feb 2011, 10:50:04 am22/02/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Good, it is necessary to maintain dignity.... i am happy

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 5:46 PM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Smilax004

22 Feb 2011, 11:45:56 am22/02/11
to efloraofindia

This sounds fantastic and disciplined!

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

On Feb 22, 8:50 pm, Smita Raskar <smita.ras...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good, it is necessary to maintain dignity.... i am happy
>

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 5:46 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Code of conduct for moderators is available at
>
> >https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/about-us/moderators/code-...
>
> > I have framed Code of conduct for members as below:
> > 1. All the members are expected to behave with utmost caution while
> > posting/ replying anything so that it doesn't hurt anybody's sentiment. Any
> > deviation from such behaviour may be should be addressed to <
> > indiantre...@googlegroups.com> by sending a mail or reported to
> > Itpmods (by moderators) & no reply/ altercation should be made on
> > Efloraofindia. It is very important that all members learn to stay calm (and
> > not react) even if provoked.
> > 2. Once a particular thread is called for closure by any of the moderators,
> > not a single post should be made in that thread, whatever the situation may
> > be. Any explanation should be addressed to <
> > indiantre...@googlegroups.com> by sending a mail or itpmods (by
> > moderators) and not to the whole group.
> > 3. Any deviation from the above may lead to temporary removal from
> > membership of the group for three months. This may be reviewed subsequently
> > by the moderators after three months.
>
> > Anybody can suggest improvements etc.
> > --
> > With regards,
> > J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> > 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> > The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> > eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> > alphabetically & place-wise):
> >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> > for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> > For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> > please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepixor
> >https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/(more than 1500 members &

Satish Chile

23 Feb 2011, 2:10:10 am23/02/11
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Nice Garg ji It should be maintained strictly.
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Pravir

23 Feb 2011, 4:18:02 am23/02/11
to efloraofindia
Thats grate idea sir

On Feb 23, 12:10 pm, Satish Chile <chilesat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice Garg ji It should be maintained strictly.

Yazdy Palia

25 Feb 2011, 1:46:22 am25/02/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I accept it sir.
Thank you
Regards
Yazdy Palia

J.M. Garg

25 Feb 2011, 1:48:45 am25/02/11
to Yazdy Palia, efloraofindia

Susanth c

26 Feb 2011, 4:10:30 am26/02/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
what happend to this nice group...?
Implementing rules and regulations...?
any hurting and humilating...provoking mails between members...?
okey no problem..these such regulations will help to post positive mails.
with regards
susanth

satyendra tiwari

26 Feb 2011, 4:57:11 am26/02/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Garg ji,
This will make this Nice group even more Nicer.
I accept it.
Thanks for Code of Conduct guidelines.
I accept it.
These were necessary.
Best wishes.
Satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader