Solanaceae week- Browallia elata- PKA1

Skip to the first unread message

Prashant awale

4 Apr 2011, 3:36:56 am04/04/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Wish you all a very very Happy Gudi Padwa and Happy posting for Solanaceae week. Here is my first post..

Bot. name: Browallia elata  (Solanaceae family)

Location: Munnar- Kerala

Regards
Prashant..

Dsc09563.jpg
Dsc09568.jpg
Dsc09563-1.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

4 Apr 2011, 8:48:47 am04/04/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Prashant ji
Thanks for showing this plants. I had included this in my list but never seen it

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant awale

4 Apr 2011, 8:51:55 am04/04/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Gurcharan Singh ji.
Regards
Prashant

tanay bose

4 Apr 2011, 9:44:30 am04/04/11
to Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks Prasant Ji this plant is also unknown for me
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Padmini Raghavan

5 Apr 2011, 5:47:55 am05/04/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Prashant-ji,
Are they two separate plants or the same flowers changing colour?
Rgds,
Padmini Raghavan.

Gurcharan Singh

5 Apr 2011, 6:37:12 am05/04/11
to Padmini Raghavan, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Not very familiar with this plant but I have dowloaded and enlarged calyx of second white flower. I am attaching the same. I may venture to say that it could be B. viscosa 'Alba'

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dsc09568-b.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

5 Apr 2011, 6:41:16 am05/04/11
to Padmini Raghavan, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
attaching enlarged

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dsc09568-c.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

5 Apr 2011, 6:47:42 am05/04/11
to Padmini Raghavan, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Just found out Both B. elata L. and B. viscosa HBK are now synonyms of B. americana L.

So unless second turns out some thing else first and third photographs belong to B. americana L. and second to B. americana cv Alba