from Uttarakhand VOF: Blue oxalis, Shamrock pea

Skip to the first unread message

Geeta Rane

29 Jan 2011, 5:54:44 am29/01/11
to indiantreepix
Event: VOF trek August,2010 organised by YHAI
Trek Route: Return from Shri Hemkundsahib to Ghangharia camp
Date: 23rd August,2010
Apprx height: +3049Meters
ID ref. Courtsey: www.flowersofindia.net
Apart form its BLUE, The leaf pattern I liked more.
Thanks with Regards,

geeta rane

Blue oxalis, Shamrock pea VOF 449.jpg
BO or Shamrock pea VOF 450.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

29 Jan 2011, 7:40:13 am29/01/11
to Geeta Rane, indiantreepix
Parochetus communis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

29 Jan 2011, 10:43:35 am29/01/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Geeta Rane, indiantreepix
Parochetus communis
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

A.Sinha

30 Jan 2011, 2:40:41 pm30/01/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Geeta Rane, indiantreepix
Gurcharan-ji, Geeta-ji.
Thanks for the picture and ID.   Besides yello, I have seen pink and purple leaved Oxalis' , never a blue one
Everyday is a new beginning !

A.Sinha

Gurcharan Singh

30 Jan 2011, 9:38:36 pm30/01/11
to A.Sinha, Geeta Rane, indiantreepix
Sinha ji
It is a species of Parochetus (Fabaceae) and not Oxalis (Oxalidaceae). It is known as blue oxalis, because flowers and blue and leaves  look somewhat like Oxalis genus. It is the same way as wood rose is not a species of Rosa.