ID (DSCF3805)

Skip to the first unread message

Rakesh

8 Jan 2011, 10:13:05 am08/01/11
to Indiantreepix
ID requested
Picture taken in Dudhwa National Park (U.P.), 22/03/2008.
DSCF3804
Rakesh
DSCF3805.JPG

Smita Raskar

8 Jan 2011, 11:52:50 am08/01/11
to Rakesh, Indiantreepix
Clerodendrum sp.....species can be serratum???
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

tanay bose

8 Jan 2011, 9:09:59 pm08/01/11
to Smita Raskar, Rakesh, Indiantreepix
I have a feeling that this can be Clerodendrum viscosum
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Rakesh

9 Jan 2011, 3:28:10 am09/01/11
to tanay bose, Smita Raskar, Indiantreepix
Thanks again

J.M. Garg

20 Apr 2011, 7:23:57 am20/04/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, tanay bose, smilingsmit, ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in, chile...@gmail.com, aparna...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Clerodendrum sp.....species can be serratum???” from Smita ji.

“I have a feeling that this can be Clerodendrum viscosum
Tanay”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

DSCF3805.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

13 May 2011, 4:05:29 am13/05/11
to efloraofindia, Rakesh, Smita Raskar, TANAY BOSE

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Clerodendrum sp.....species can be serratum???” from Smita ji.

“I have a feeling that this can be Clerodendrum viscosum
Tanay”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

13 May 2011, 4:12:26 am13/05/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Rakesh, Smita Raskar, TANAY BOSE
... to me too, this seems Clerodendrum viscosum.
Regards.
Dinesh

Sweedle Cerejo

14 May 2011, 1:38:14 am14/05/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Rakesh, Smita Raskar, TANAY BOSE
Hello!

        This looks like Clerodendrum viscosum of family Verbenaceae.

         Attached photograph taken at Bassein (Vasai) Fort in March 2011.

--
Regards,
Sweedle

"There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before".
R.W.Lynd

Clerodendrum_viscosum.JPG

H S

16 May 2011, 6:57:34 am16/05/11
to Sweedle Cerejo, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Rakesh, Smita Raskar, TANAY BOSE

Clerodendrum viscosum Vent.
common in waste land
Called as Kodi in Konkani
Erect shrub, Leaves pubescens, flowers white-
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone