Request for ID - Ratanwadi - Tree

Skip to the first unread message

Swagat

8 Jul 2010, 11:10:47 am08/07/10
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Request for ID....

Date/Time- *21st June 2010, 12.15 p.m.*

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  *Ratanwadi, Tahasil- Akole, Dist.
Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra  रतनवाडी, ता.- अकोले, जि.- अहमदनगर, महाराष्‍ट्र*
(Ratanwadi is located in the catchment area of Bhandardara Dam)

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- *Rural*

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Height/Length-  Tree

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979
210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2.jpg
210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2A.jpg
210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2B.jpg
210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2C.jpg
210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2D.jpg
210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2E.jpg

Satish Phadke

8 Jul 2010, 11:22:16 am08/07/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Family Celastraceae
I think the flowers look like Maytenus senegalensis but this is not a very big tree. The picture posted is a big tree so may be some related species.
Dr Phadke

tanay bose

8 Jul 2010, 11:25:46 am08/07/10
to Satish Phadke, Swagat, indiantreepix
Maytenus senegalensis is a great choice !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Prashant awale

9 Jul 2010, 12:33:43 am09/07/10
to tanay bose, Satish Phadke, Swagat, indiantreepix

One from plant   Gymnosporia rothiana    from the family  Celastraceae also occurs in this region. Do check for this too.

regards
Prashant

Divakar

9 Jul 2010, 12:52:10 am09/07/10
to efloraofindia
Seems to be of family Celastraceae
Could be species of Maytenus (Syn. Gymnosporia)
-Divakar

On Jul 8, 8:10 pm, Swagat <swagat1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Request for ID....
>
> Date/Time- **21st June 2010, 12.15 p.m.*
> *
> Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  **Ratanwadi, Tahasil- Akole, Dist.
> Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra  रतनवाडी, ता.- अकोले, जि.- अहमदनगर,
> महाराष्‍ट्र**(Ratanwadi is located in the catchment area of
> Bhandardara Dam)
>
> Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- **Rural**
>
> Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Height/Length-  *Tree*
>
> Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-
>
> Inflorescence Type/ Size-
>
> Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-
>
> Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
>
> Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-
>
> Regards,
>
> ~Swagat
> 9223217568 / 9422317979
> --
> 'I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can
> do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do.' - Helen
> Keller
>
>  210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2.jpg
> 145KViewDownload
>
>  210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2A.jpg
> 128KViewDownload
>
>  210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2B.jpg
> 106KViewDownload
>
>  210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2C.jpg
> 80KViewDownload
>
>  210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2D.jpg
> 129KViewDownload
>
>  210610-Ratanwadi-Swagat2E.jpg
> 139KViewDownload

shrikant ingalhalikar

9 Jul 2010, 3:20:18 am09/07/10
to efloraofindia
This would be Maytenus rothiana as suggested by Prashant. Regards,
Shrikant

On Jul 8, 8:10 pm, Swagat <swagat1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Request for ID....
>
> Date/Time- **21st June 2010, 12.15 p.m.*
> *
> Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  **Ratanwadi, Tahasil- Akole, Dist.
> Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra  रतनवाडी, ता.- अकोले, जि.- अहमदनगर,
> महाराष्‍ट्र**(Ratanwadi is located in the catchment area of
> Bhandardara Dam)
>
> Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- **Rural**
>
> Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Height/Length-  *Tree*
>
> Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-
>
> Inflorescence Type/ Size-
>
> Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-
>
> Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
>
> Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-
>
> Regards,
>
> ~Swagat
> 9223217568 / 9422317979
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-
> --
> 'I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can
> do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do.' - Helen
> Keller

J.M. Garg

29 Aug 2010, 1:17:51 am29/08/10
to efloraofindia

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Family Celastraceae

I think the flowers look like Maytenus senegalensis but this is not a very big tree. The picture posted is a big tree so may be some related species.

Dr Phadke”

Maytenus senegalensis is a great choice !!
Tanay”

“One from plant   Gymnosporia rothiana    from the family  Celastraceae also occurs in this region. Do check for this too.
regards
Prashant”
"Seems to be of family Celastraceae
Could be species of Maytenus (Syn. Gymnosporia)
-Divakar"

"This would be Maytenus rothiana as suggested by Prashant. Regards,
Shrikant"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)