Request for ID

geeta arun

Sep 29, 2009, 12:56:57 PM9/29/09
to indiantreepix
Hi friend,
Requesting ID of a herb  ? Desmodium seen flowering & fruiting on 27th Sept 2009, at Silonda trail, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai.
Regards,
Geeta Samant.
UID.jpg
UID...jpg
UID.....jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 29, 2009, 1:16:57 PM9/29/09
to geeta arun, indiantreepix
Geeta ji, it is Aeschynomene americana ... the American joint-vetch, common aeschynomene, deer-vetch, shyleaf • Hindi: सोल घास sol ghas, सोली soli • Tamil: நெட்டி netti
Regards.

geeta arun

Sep 29, 2009, 2:24:46 PM9/29/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Thanks Dineshji.
Geeta Samant.

geeta arun

Oct 1, 2009, 1:32:41 PM10/1/09
to indiantreepix
Resending photographs of a climber.
Place -- Silonda trail - Sanjay Gandhi National Park - Mumbai.-- 14th June 2009.
Regards,
Geeta Samant.
UID.....jpg
UID.jpg

devendra

Oct 1, 2009, 9:24:41 PM10/1/09
to indiantreepix, geeta arun

Devendra Bhardwaj

Oct 1, 2009, 9:25:49 PM10/1/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, geeta arun
Resending photographs of a climber.
Place -- Silonda trail - Sanjay Gandhi National Park - Mumbai.-- 14th June
2009.
Regards,
Geeta Samant.

Yahoo! India has a new look. Take a sneak peek http://in.yahoo.com/trynew

UID.jpg
UID.....jpg

Nudrat

Oct 2, 2009, 3:55:11 AM10/2/09
to indiantreepix
Hi

It could be a Smilax macrophylla which has been observed growing on
Silonda trail. Plz chk

On Oct 2, 6:25 am, Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra_bhard...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>  UID.jpg
> 171KViewDownload
>
>  UID.....jpg
> 270KViewDownload

geeta arun

Oct 2, 2009, 1:43:35 PM10/2/09
to Nudrat, indiantreepix
Thanks Nudratji.
But I do not agree with you. Smilax macrophylla should have long tendrils & umbel inflorescence. Both the features are absent in this climber.The inflorescence is like that of Dioscorea pentaphylla. But the leaf morphology is different.
Regards,
Geeta Samant.

Dinesh Valke

Oct 3, 2009, 1:40:55 AM10/3/09
to geeta arun, Nudrat, indiantreepix
Geeta ji, your plant is ditto Shubhada ji's ... refer her post dated Jun 20 at http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/771e51828d5a28f6?hl=en
That post did not reach any conclusion ... remained at Smilax species.

Regards.

shubhada nikharge

Oct 3, 2009, 1:53:13 AM10/3/09
to Dinesh Valke, geeta arun, Nudrat, indiantreepix
Yes. thats still unresolved.
shubhada

Oct 3, 2009, 4:52:14 AM10/3/09
to shubhada nikharge, Dinesh Valke, Nudrat, indiantreepix
Thanks Dineshji & Shubhada.
Geeta Samant.

Vijayasankar Raman

Oct 6, 2009, 1:06:33 AM10/6/09
to geeta arun, indiantreepix
Hi, i think it could be either Dioscorea tomentosa or D. oppositifolia.

regards

vijayasankar

Mahendra Prasad

Oct 15, 2009, 2:10:37 AM10/15/09
to geeta arun, indiantreepix
Looks like Piper nigrum, Black Pepper flowers on the vine. The elongated, heart-shaped leaf and leaf-veins seem like P. nigrum's. Also the long row of flower buds just starting to open, imply that many fruits in the future. Heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pepper.  Enlarging the pix of fruiting vines here and comparing with Geeta's pix show similarities. Also, Black Pepper vines are usually grown  in shade on Betel Palms, Areca catechu, under  Coconut Palms, Cocos nucifera. Perhaps, Geeta can give more detailed info regarding where the pix was shot. I am not sure if Black Pepper grows in Mumbai, but I have seen isolated plants growing in Kalyani, 80 kms north of Kolkata. The climate and habitat would be suitable at SGNP, Mumbai.

Oct 15, 2009, 3:04:34 AM10/15/09
to Mahendra Prasad, geeta arun, indiantreepix
Dear Prasad Ji,

Sorry to let you know that you are confused about its identity. It is Dioscorea sp.  The link you have provided is good for Piper nigrum not for this taxon. In Piper nigrum leaves are alternate subtended by solitary fruiting spike, but in this taxon leaves are opposite and spikes are 2-many often.
Santhosh

2009/10/15 Mahendra Prasad <mahendrap...@yahoo.co.in>

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

geeta arun

Oct 16, 2009, 2:40:42 PM10/16/09
to indiantreepix
Dear friends,
Requesting ID of a herb ( Lamiaceae family) photographed on 15-10-09 at Aarey colony area - Goregaon - Mumbai.
Regards,
Geeta Samant.
UID - Lamiaceae family.jpg
UID - Lamiaceae family...jpg
UID - Lamiaceae family......jpg
UID - Lamiaceae family.........jpg

Dinesh Valke

Oct 16, 2009, 9:45:48 PM10/16/09
to geeta arun, indiantreepix
Anisomeles heyneana ... commonly known as: western hill catmint • Hindi: चंदर chandar • Marathi: चंदर chandar, गोपाळी gopali • Sanskrit: ओष्ठफल oshthaphala
Regards.

Nayan Singh

Oct 16, 2009, 11:21:23 PM10/16/09
to geeta arun, indiantreepix
Dera Geeta,
Your plant is Anisomeles sp.
may be Anisomeles indica

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Oct 18, 2009, 4:40:56 AM10/18/09
to Dinesh Valke, geeta arun, indiantreepix
Dinesh ji and Nayan ji,
I have attached few more photographs of the same plant taken in Aarey Colony, Goregaon (E), Mumbai in the 2nd week of Oct 09.
The flower stalk in my pics is very long whereas in the pics given in Mr. Issac's book (page 98) & Mr. Shrikant's book (page 175) it is not so long.
Kindly confirm.
cheers,
shubhada

Oct 18, 2009, 8:19:38 AM10/18/09
to shubhada nikharge, geeta arun, indiantreepix
I am not sure of this, Shubhada ji ... let us wait for comments.
Regards.

Nudrat Sayed

Oct 19, 2009, 3:30:23 AM10/19/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I observed this particular plant at a height of about 2000mtrs in HP.
The entire inflorescence was approximately 6 inches. The flowers were
abt 1 cm across. The leaves were not visible. Please help me in
identifying it. Is it possible that it is some chlorophytum sps
--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

174.jpg
175.jpg

Satish Phadke

Oct 19, 2009, 1:51:23 PM10/19/09
to Nudrat Sayed, indian...@googlegroups.com
Most probably
Ophiopogon intermedius
Regards
Satish Phadke

2009/10/19 Nudrat Sayed <nudra...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 20, 2009, 12:38:17 AM10/20/09
to Satish Phadke, Nudrat Sayed, indian...@googlegroups.com
Satish Ji,

You are right. It is of course Ophiopogon intermedius not Chlorophytum. Thanks for correctng me. I have never seen Ophiopogon flowers without leaves. But I assume that the leaves may be hidden by the surrounding plants.

Cheers

Santhosh

Nudrat Sayed

Oct 20, 2009, 1:31:36 AM10/20/09
to Dr Santhosh Kumar, Satish Phadke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you all for the identification

Hemant Tripathi

Oct 22, 2009, 2:03:38 AM10/22/09
to Nudrat Sayed, indian...@googlegroups.com
can it be ,\

Chlorophytum laxum ??
experts please confirm.

hemant
--
At the end of the day remember, that we all should join our hands, use our skills together and strive hard to bring lights in the minds of people and darkness in our Forests.

J.M. Garg

Dec 17, 2009, 3:10:52 AM12/17/09
to indiantreepix, geeta arun, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, Nudrat, shubhada nikharge, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Mahendra Prasad, satish pardeshi
In view of discussion in another thread (http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/771e51828d5a28f6#), it should be Dioscorea oppositifolia.

Jul 22, 2017, 11:16:35 AM7/22/17
to efloraofindia
This is Anisomeles heyneana Benth. as per images herein.
UID - Lamiaceae family.jpg
UID - Lamiaceae family...jpg
UID - Lamiaceae family......jpg
UID - Lamiaceae family.........jpg

JM Garg

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:10 AM, geeta arun <geeta...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends,
Requesting ID of a herb ( Lamiaceae family) photographed on 15-10-09 at Aarey colony area - Goregaon - Mumbai.
Regards,
Geeta Samant.

2009_1015_Aarey_0137 e.JPG
2009_1015_Aarey_0138 e.JPG