Hymenodictyon excelsum Wall. -Fruits

48 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

rashida atthar

chưa đọc,
09:28:24 28 thg 9, 200928/9/09
đến indian...@googlegroups.com

Hymenodictyon excelsum- Kuthan, fruiting  was seen at the Silonda trail, national park, Mumbai, yesterday. The older fruits probably become blackish with white marks/lenticels?.

regards,
Rashida.

Get easy photo sharing with Windows Live™ Photos. Drag n’ drop
Hymenodictyon excelsum Wall fruits.JPG
Hymenodictyon excelsum Wall fruits.JPG
Hymenodictyon excelsum Wall leaves.JPG
Hymenodictyon excelsum Wall bark.JPG

Swagat

chưa đọc,
11:46:09 28 thg 9, 200928/9/09
đến rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

'Hymenodictyon excelsum'  is called 'Bhorsal' 'भोरसाळ' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

2009/9/28 rashida atthar <rashid...@hotmail.com>

rashida atthar

chưa đọc,
12:31:46 28 thg 9, 200928/9/09
đến swaga...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Swagat ji,

Thankyou for posting the local name so promptly, which you have been posting for all plants.  Its such a great help to know the local name immediately.  Would you by any chance know whether the botanical name Hymenodictyon is Latin or Greek?  Any other information for the same. Thank you.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:16:09 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:19685] Re: Hymenodictyon excelsum Wall. -Fruits
From: swaga...@gmail.com
To: rashid...@hotmail.com
CC: indian...@googlegroups.com

Dinesh Valke

chưa đọc,
13:04:50 28 thg 9, 200928/9/09
đến rashida atthar, swaga...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashida ji,

hy-men-oh-DIK-tee-on -- from the Greek words hymen (membrane) and diktyon (net),
or-iks-EN-say -- Latinised form of Orixa, misinterpretation of Japanese name Kokusagi to Orisagi
ek-SEL-sum -- from Latin excelsus, tall or lofty

commonly known as: bridal couch plant, mountain sage • Assamese: kodam, paroli • Bengali: latikarum • Garo: bodi kiru chongipa • Gujarati: ભમ્મર છાલ bhammar chaal, લુણીયો luniyo, મધમહુડો madhamahudo • Hindi: काला बचनाग kala bachnag, भुरकुर bhurkur • Kannada: ದಿಡ್ಡಿ ಮರ diddi mara, ದೊಡ್ಡಿ ಮರ doddi mara, ಡೊಲಿ ಮರ doli mara • Khasi: dieng dohlbong sir • Konkani: दाम्डेली damdeli • Malayalam: ചക്കതേക്ക് cakkatheekk, ഇത്തിള്‍ iththil, പെരുന്തൊലി peruntholi • Marathi: भोरसाल or भोरसाळ bhorsal, भौरसाळ bhoursal, भ्रमरसाळी bhramarsali, दोंद्रु dondru, कंबळ kambal, कुडा kuda • Nepalese: लति कर्मा lati karma • Oriya: dudupa, guliya • Punjabi: barthoa • Rajasthani: lunia • Sanskrit: भ्रमरछल्ली bhramarchalli, भृङ्गःवृक्ष bhringah-vriksha, उग्रगन्ध ugragandha • Tamil: வெள்ளைக்கடம்பு vellai-k-katampu • Telugu: బందారుచెట్టు bandaaru-chettu

Regards.

Swagat

chưa đọc,
22:58:46 28 thg 9, 200928/9/09
đến rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashidaji,

Wallich (Roxburgh, 1824) originally described the genus
Hymenodictyon based on the Indian Cinchona excelsa Roxb. (Roxburgh, 1799). The generic name is derived from the Greek word ‘hymena’, meaning a membrane, and ‘dictyon’, meaning a net, referring to the membranaceous wings around the seeds.

For more details clock on it....

[PDF]

Taxonomic revision of the tribe Hymenodictyeae (Rubiaceae ...

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
genus Hymenodictyon based on the Indian. Cinchona excelsa Roxb. (Roxburgh, 1799).

Regards,

~Swagat

2009/9/28 rashida atthar <rashid...@hotmail.com>

rashida atthar

chưa đọc,
00:53:21 29 thg 9, 200929/9/09
đến swaga...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much Swagat ji for the explanation. The scientific paper is very informative, interesting  and full of keys and comparative data.  I gather that according to Dr. Almeida this would now be called Hymenodictyon orixense (Roxb.) Mabberly. Also Flora of Mah. Vol 3 pg: 20 mentions it as Hymenodictyon orixense. Thanks again.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:28:46 +0530
Subject: [indiantreepix:19721] Re: Hymenodictyon excelsum Wall. -Fruits

geeta arun

chưa đọc,
12:37:20 29 thg 9, 200929/9/09
đến rashida atthar, swaga...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends,
Posting some more pictures of Hymenodictyon excelsum. Last month it was in full bloom in Rani Bagh ( Veermata Jeejamata Udyan ) -- Mumbai .
 Regards,
Geeta Samant.

Hymenodictyon orixensis (H. excelsum) -- Bhorsal---family Rubiaceae.j.pg.jpg
Hymenodictyon orixensis (H.excelsum) -- Bhorsal---family Rubiaceae Leaves .'jpg.jpg
Hymenodictyon orixensis (H.excelsum) -- Bhorsal---family Rubiaceae --Flower buds..jpg
Hymenodictyon orixensis (H. excelsum)-- Bhorsal---family Rubiaceae --inflorescence. .jpg

rashida atthar

chưa đọc,
14:07:01 29 thg 9, 200929/9/09
đến geeta...@gmail.com, swaga...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geeta,

Beautiful pictures! I think this may be H.obovatum. The leaves are glabrous as in H. obovatum, whereas in H. orixense they are membranous. Also H. orixense leaves are ovate elliptic. The flower description can be confusing but at closer look the dense cylindric pubescent panicled spikes in your pics match H. obovatum. Please check pgs 20/21 Flora of Mah., VoIII. There is some discrepancy in the flower description at the beginning of the species and during the detailed descriptiion in the volume, but the leaves of both are different. There is so much to this species!!

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:07:20 +0530
Subject: Re: [indiantreepix:19728] Re: Hymenodictyon excelsum Wall. -Fruits
From: geeta...@gmail.com
To: rashid...@hotmail.com
CC: swaga...@gmail.com; indian...@googlegroups.com

Videos Get the latest video streams on movies, Try it!

geeta arun

chưa đọc,
12:48:16 30 thg 9, 200930/9/09
đến rashida atthar, swaga...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rashida,
the leaves in my pictures are elliptical - ovate as in Hymenodictyon orixense ( H. exceisum).
In H.Obovatum leaves are elliptic or obovate as given in the sketch in Flora of Maharashtra.
Regards,
Geeta.

Trả lời tất cả
Trả lời tác giả