Hibiscus hirtus_08NOV09_SSN_1

shubhada nikharge

Nov 9, 2009, 12:31:50 AM11/9/09
to indian tree pix
Hi,
posted pics of Hibiscus hirtus ( pics taken at Conservation Centre at Goregaon East, Mumbai on 8th Nov 09)
Common name : White mallow
Marathi name:  दुपारी
Family :Malvaceae

Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.
Hibiscus hirtus white mallow दुपारी malvaceae 2009_1108_cec_0017 e.JPG
Hibiscus hirtus white mallow दुपारी malvaceae 2009_1108_cec_0034 e.JPG
Hibiscus hirtus white mallow दुपारी malvaceae 2009_1108_cec_0028 e.JPG

JM Garg

May 7, 2018, 5:34:10 AM5/7/18
to efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge
Hibiscus micranthus as per Keys in Malvaceae of Southern Peninsular India: A Taxonomic Monograph (Flowers white- Hibiscus micranthus, Flowers red- Hibiscus hirtus)
Hibiscus hirtus white mallow दुपारी malvaceae 2009_1108_cec_0017 e.JPG
Hibiscus hirtus white mallow दुपारी malvaceae 2009_1108_cec_0034 e.JPG
Hibiscus hirtus white mallow दुपारी malvaceae 2009_1108_cec_0028 e.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 8, 2018, 11:23:52 PM5/8/18
to efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge
Sorry. I think I got carried away by the colour of the flowers in the keys and did not check the calyx and other aspects. It is Hibiscus hirtus only.