Prunus laurocerasus from Kashmir

Skip to the first unread message

Gurcharan Singh

12 Jul 2010, 6:54:10 am12/07/10
to efloraofindia

Prunus laurocerasus from Kashmir, grown in newly developed Hazuribagh Garden. I was not planning to upload it, being photographs only in vegetative stage but am uploading them because of query from Nalini ji.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prunus-laurocerasus-Kashmir-1.jpg
Prunus-laurocerasus-Kashmir-2.jpg

tanay bose

12 Jul 2010, 7:50:33 am12/07/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
More information regarding this plant from
http://www.floridata.com/ref/p/prun_lau.cfm
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

nabha meghani

13 Jul 2010, 7:18:16 am13/07/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks Prof. Singh ji, for kindly uploading your fotos of Prunus laurocerasus from kashmir.
I am sending some fotos of Prunus laurocerasus  (german name Kirchlorbeer) flowering (may 10) and fruiting (aug. 09) from my garden.
I don't know if both are the same. But experts like you will tell the difference.
In August, Sept lots and lots of admirals visit this shrub. I can see them from my window but the shrub is not near enough to make a foto. To take a foto from the ground is not possible with this 4 meter thing, unless I learn stiltrunning.
Regards
Nalini

Date/Time :

Mai 2010 und aug. 2009

Location- Place, altitude and GPS:

Nalinis garden in Ritterhude near Bremen,  Germany

Habitat- garden/ urban/wild/type:

Garden

Plant Habit-tree/shrub/climber/herb:

Shrub

Height/length:

4 Meters

Leaves-type/shape/size

Inflorescence type /size:

Flowers-size/colour/calyx/bracts:

white

Fruits type-shape/size/seeds:

dark blue

Fragrance/odour/pollinator/uses and so on:

none

13 Jul 2010, 5:02:28 pm13/07/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
hallo all,
let me try to clear away the confusion my mail-ID is causing.

My name is nalini bhat, hence nabha.
nabha meghani is the beginning of a wellknown marathi song, hence my id nabha-meghani.
In germany we are perhaps too much cautious about our identity and personal privacy, and so it is quite common to use such IDs in field other than Bizz.
Sorry for the confusion, my ID has created. If someone write nabha that is ok.
Btw. it is not necessary to add ji after my name.
Best wishes
Nalini

Gurcharan Singh

14 Jul 2010, 7:02:38 am14/07/10
to nabha meghani, efloraofindia
Thanks Nalini (ji). I got it right now.
We have become so much used to the word ji, that it is difficult to do discard it. I have done that with Tanay, let me try with you also.