efloraindia: 160911 BRS 23

Skip to the first unread message

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

16 Sept 2011, 12:20:17 am16/09/11
to efloraofindia
Pl. find the attached photos for id.

Date/Time-Location-14.09.2011 time: 5 Pm
 Place, Altitude, GPS- Codisia Road, Coimbatore, Near Air Port
Habitat-  Urban
 Habit-  Climber
Fruits Type/ Shape: miniature of water melon Size  3-4 cm.

Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

stock vector : tree

water melon like 1 sep 15.jpg
water melon like sep 15.jpg

Vijayasankar

16 Sept 2011, 1:24:22 am16/09/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
This is a sister plant to watermelon. Citrullus colocynthis, called as Peikumatti in Tamil.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Pinki

16 Sept 2011, 5:22:54 am16/09/11
to efloraofindia
i also think its Citrullus colocynthis. very much abundant in my home
town i.e Sirsa in Western Haryana. used in medicines for joint
pains....

Alok

On Sep 15, 9:20 pm, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy
> [image: stock vector : tree] <http://mail.google.com/subscribe.mhtml>
>
>  water melon like 1 sep 15.jpg
> 138KViewDownload
>
>  water melon like sep 15.jpg
> 150KViewDownload

Satish Phadke

16 Sept 2011, 9:33:53 am16/09/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Thanks for showing this uncommon (To me) cucurbitaceae member.
Dr Phadke

Balkar Arya

20 Sept 2011, 9:45:12 am20/09/11
to Satish Phadke, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
common name in haryana is  bislumba and also gadtumba
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat