efloraofindia:''For Id 27082011MR2’’ purple flowers Pune

Skip to the first unread message

Madhuri Raut

27 Aug 2011, 08:06:0027/08/2011
to efloraofindia
request for plant id

Date/Time- August 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- small plant

Height/Length- 1.5 ft

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-green with serrated margins

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- small purple along the leave edge

regards

Bhagyashri

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

240820111571.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

27 Aug 2011, 08:54:2627/08/2011
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I hope Kalanchoe gastonis-bonnieri

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Raut

27 Aug 2011, 09:52:4827/08/2011
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir
Regards
Bhagyashri

Ushadi micromini

27 Aug 2011, 13:42:3327/08/2011
to efloraofindia
This is Donkey ear Kalanchoe....
... binomial is Kalanchoe gastonis-bonnieri as Gurucharanji just
said...

the violet things on the edges of the leaves are not flowers.... they
are sort of bluish green ...dark... little baby plants...you take one
of the leaves and put it flat on the soil and pin it down with a
hairpin at two ends so that the underside of the leaf edge remains in
contact with soil , seep it moist, you will have 10- 20 new plants...
THE REAL FLOWERS of this Kalanchoe develop on a long spike.. in
summer... red flowers develop.. go to Dave's garden site and look...
they will have a lot of pictures...

good luck
Usha di
===

On Aug 27, 6:52 pm, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Sir
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I hope Kalanchoe gastonis-bonnieri
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Madhuri Raut

28 Aug 2011, 02:26:4828/08/2011
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thank you Usha di for valuable information
Regards
Bhagyashri

Gurcharan Singh

28 Aug 2011, 07:13:0228/08/2011
to Madhuri Raut, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Ushadi
You nice additional information is always useful. Please continue the good work.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

5 Nov 2016, 09:37:0005/11/2016
to efloraofindia, Madhuri Raut, Gurcharan Singh, ushadi Micromini
I think it should be Kalanchoe daigremontiana as per the following:
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

240820111571.jpg

Bhagyashri

6 Nov 2016, 07:01:4906/11/2016
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, ushadi Micromini
Garg ji,
Thank you for the Id help
Regards
Bhagyashri