Opuntia cacanapa from Cactus Park Panchkula

Skip to the first unread message

Balkar Arya

26 Apr 2011, 8:23:57 pm26/04/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Opuntia cacanapa
pls validate
shot during the Plant Shooting trip to Morni

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Opuntia cacanapa1.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa11.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa2.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa3.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa4.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa5.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa6.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa7.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa8.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa10.JPG

tanay bose

26 Apr 2011, 8:47:29 pm26/04/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
yes Opuntia cacanapa I have seen this in our green house but
currently not flowering
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

15 Dec 2013, 10:38:12 am15/12/13
to efloraofindia, Balkar Singh, Tanay Bose, Cactus Garden, Partap Singh Sangwan, deepa...@gmail.com, josh....@gmail.com, Dinesh Valke, Mani Nair, Tabish Qureshi, Hemant Bedekar, M Swamy, Promila Chaturvedi, Ushadi Micromini, ajinkya gadave, Tassaduq Mueen, Gurcharan Singh, Shehla Gardenwalla, Nidhan Singh, Bhagyashri Ranade, Aarti S. Khale, ggrowe...@gmail.com
Hi, Balkar ji,
I could not find any reference in India on net of this species.
You can see lot of references I have listed at efi page Opuntia with details, of the various species of Optunia cultivated in India.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

16 Dec 2013, 9:19:42 am16/12/13
to efloraofindia, Balkar Singh, Tanay Bose, Cactus Garden, Partap Singh Sangwan, deepa...@gmail.com, josh....@gmail.com, Dinesh Valke, Mani Nair, Tabish Qureshi, Hemant Bedekar, M Swamy, Promila Chaturvedi, Ushadi Micromini, ajinkya gadave, Tassaduq Mueen, Gurcharan Singh, Shehla Gardenwalla, Nidhan Singh, Bhagyashri Ranade, Aarti S. Khale, ggrowe...@gmail.com
A reply:
"Balkarji,
At the outset, thanks a lot for posting such wonderful set of photographs. For me your ID is 100% correct.
Regards,
M Swamy"

J.M. Garg

16 Dec 2013, 9:20:50 am16/12/13
to efloraofindia, Balkar Singh, Tanay Bose, Cactus Garden, Partap Singh Sangwan, deepa...@gmail.com, josh....@gmail.com, Dinesh Valke, Mani Nair, Tabish Qureshi, Hemant Bedekar, M Swamy, Promila Chaturvedi, Ushadi Micromini, ajinkya gadave, Tassaduq Mueen, Gurcharan Singh, Shehla Gardenwalla, Nidhan Singh, Bhagyashri Ranade, Aarti S. Khale, ggrowe...@gmail.com
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji,
Any refrences where this species is mentioned ?

J.M. Garg

14 Apr 2014, 6:19:42 am14/04/14
to efloraofindia, Balkar Singh, M Swamy
What I find on net is generally Opuntia cacanapa 'Ellisiana'. Pl. see the link.
Pl. confirm.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2300 members & 1,85,250 messages on 28/2/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Opuntia cacanapa1.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa11.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa2.JPG
Opuntia cacanapa3.JPG