Request for ID : 210710-AK-3

Skip to the first unread message

Aarti S. Khale

21 Jul 2010, 12:15:09 pm21/07/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Date/Time : 17th of April, 2010
Location Place : on way to Anjaneri,near Nasik ... Altitude : do not know ... GPS : do not know
Habitat : Wild ... Type : ...
Plant Habit : Bush ... Height :  ... Length
Leaves Type : as seen ... Shape : as seen ... Size : small
Inflorescence Type : do not know ... Size : do not know
Flowers Size : about 1 inch ... Colour : yellow ... Calyx : do not know ... Bracts : do not know
Fruits Type : pods ... Shape : as seen ... Size :  ... Seeds : do not know

Other Info :
Fragrance : did not check ...  Pollinator : do not know ...  Uses : do not know

Found by the roadside, growing wild.
Aarti
P1090372.JPG

mani nair

21 Jul 2010, 12:21:28 pm21/07/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful flower, sorry no idea of the ID.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

21 Jul 2010, 12:30:36 pm21/07/10
to mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like some species of Cassia!!
But the thorns present are quite unnatural
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Dinesh Valke

21 Jul 2010, 12:41:27 pm21/07/10
to tanay bose, mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
... more like Caesalpinia ?
Regards.

tanay bose

21 Jul 2010, 12:44:18 pm21/07/10
to Dinesh Valke, mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Your guess is possible Dinesh ji

Prashant awale

21 Jul 2010, 12:51:17 pm21/07/10
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Could be Caesalpinia decapetala.
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

21 Jul 2010, 12:52:11 pm21/07/10
to Prashant awale, Dinesh Valke, mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Great Shot !!
Tanay

Dinesh Valke

21 Jul 2010, 12:58:21 pm21/07/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prashant and Tanay, had based my query on the posted plant's similarity to C. decapetala whose inflorescence seems to me more crowded with buds at the apex,
A view at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/3132082635/in/photostream/
And fruits at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/3132085069/in/photostream/

Regards.

ajinkya gadave

21 Jul 2010, 1:15:17 pm21/07/10
to Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Prashant awale, mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
101 % Caesalpinia decapetala
marathi name chilar
used for fence.

Dinesh Valke

21 Jul 2010, 1:20:13 pm21/07/10
to ajinkya gadave, tanay bose, Prashant awale, mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
... commonly known as: cat's claw, Mauritius thorn, Mysore thorn, thorny poinciana • Hindi: आलय alai, रालन ralan • Kannada: ಕುರುಡು ಗೆಜ್ಜುಗ kurudu gejjuga • Marathi: चिल्हारी chilhari, चिल्लर chillar • Nepalese: arile kanda • Tamil: புலிதடுக்கி puli-tatukki • Telugu: గొడ్డ కోరింద godda korinda

Aarti S. Khale

21 Jul 2010, 3:29:18 pm21/07/10
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Prashant awale
Dear Tanay, Mani ji,Dinesh ji, Prashant ji and Ajinkya ji,
Thanks for the id.
Aarti

On Jul 21, 9:20 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... commonly known as: cat's claw, Mauritius thorn, Mysore thorn, thorny
> poinciana • Hindi: आलय alai, रालन ralan • Kannada: ಕುರುಡು ಗೆಜ್ಜುಗ kurudu
> gejjuga • Marathi: चिल्हारी chilhari, चिल्लर chillar • Nepalese: arile kanda
> • Tamil: புலிதடுக்கி puli-tatukki • Telugu: గొడ్డ కోరింద godda korinda
>
> Regards.
>
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:45 PM, ajinkya gadave <ajinkyagad...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > 101 % Caesalpinia decapetala
> > marathi name  chilar
> > used for fence.
>
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Dear Prashant and Tanay, had based my query on the posted plant's
> > similarity
> > > to C. decapetala whose inflorescence seems to me more crowded with buds
> > at
> > > the apex,
> > > A view at
> > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/3132082635/in/photostream/
> > > And fruits at
> > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/3132085069/in/photostream/
>
> > > Regards.

> > dinesh.va...@gmail.com>

tanay bose

21 Jul 2010, 11:40:13 pm21/07/10
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale

Dear Dinesh Ji,

I think the reason for the compactness of the inflorescence observed by you in respect to Arati Ji is because the plant possesses a racemose inflorescence (raceme) same like that we see in a grass. The mature flowers are always at the base giving the inflorescence a lax look where as the meristematic (growing) tip portion contains the young buds which have just developed hence are more compact in arrangement over floral axis.

Regards

Tanay

Pravin Kawale

22 Jul 2010, 3:11:47 am22/07/10
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Prashant awale
Hi,
Yes it is C. decapetala
attaching the photographs taken on same route
i.e.Anjneri -Nashik Road in Dec.2009
Thanks

--
Pravin

Caesalpinia decapetala 3.JPG
Caesalpinia decapetala 2.JPG

tanay bose

22 Jul 2010, 7:48:32 am22/07/10
to Pravin Kawale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale
Thank Pravin Ji !!
Lovely shots the flowers and it's character are better visible in ur photos
tanay