Coral mushroom

Skip to the first unread message

Rashida Atthar

8 Jul 2010, 9:23:12 am08/07/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Coral mushroom seen at the south end of the national park in Mumbai in June '10. Hope ID is correct Tanay ji !

regards,
Rashida.
Coral mushroom.JPG

tanay bose

8 Jul 2010, 10:01:04 am08/07/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rashida ji,
I kindly request you for a larger picture its really hard to determine the name of fungus from small photos. Kindly help!!!
If you want you can send it to me by personal mail, if you think it will unnecessary load our database.
Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

shubhada nikharge

8 Jul 2010, 10:38:39 pm08/07/10
to tanay bose, indian tree pix
Tanay ji,
attached few pics of the same mushroom. will these b ok?
unfortunately i do not have better pics with more details.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

9 Jul 2010, 12:02:16 am09/07/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix

Dear Subhada Ji,

Thanks for your lovely efforts to resend the pictures, these snaps are good enough hence I am not craving for the best. The problem was Rashida Ji's picture was bit small. As you and Rashida ji has suggested this to be a mushroom, I have a completely different inference regarding the bio-form in the photos which is not at all mushrooms but Lichen, coralloid lichens are very common, initially same conclusion (lichen) came into my mind when I saw the picture posted by Rashida Ji hence kindly asked her for the larger picture. this Lichen belongs to the genus Cladonia sp but without the study of the mycobiont and the phycobiont its hard for me to move into the species level at least the fruit bodies could have helped me out but alas the lichen in not in it's reproductive state. Through Google search you can see an array of photos of this genus comprising of different species. Hope you will cherish the beauty of nature and the smooth taste of Fungal Biology and Lichenology.

Best Regards

Tanay

shubhada nikharge

10 Jul 2010, 4:17:58 am10/07/10
to indian tree pix
Hi,
attached pics of Coral mushroom (Hopeful to be correct) .
Pics were taken in the last week of July and 2nd week of Aug in the same forest at CEC, Goregaon , Mumbai.
coral mushroom 2009_0815_cec_0070 e.JPG
coral mushroom 2006_0724_0151 e.jpg

tanay bose

10 Jul 2010, 9:17:16 am10/07/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
Dear Subhada Ji,
This not lichen this is mushroom "white coral mushroom" probably belonging to the genus Clavulina . Can be C cristata but not sure about the species.
Regards
Tanay

J.M. Garg

29 Aug 2010, 1:35:02 am29/08/10
to efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, tanay bose, Inderjeet Sethi, nabha meghani, chile...@gmail.com, kiran ranadive

Earlier relevant feedback:

“”This not lichen this is mushroom "white coral mushroom" probably belonging to the genus Clavulina . Can be C cristata but not sure about the species.
Regards
Tanay

--
With regards,