Re: 121011-MS - 61- ID request

Skip to the first unread message

M Swamy

16 Oct 2011, 8:17:35 am16/10/11
to efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
Request for identification.

Date/Time-9th Oct 2011

Location- Place,   Park in Mysore

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  A small tree

 Flowers  are being initiated.

IMG_5923.JPG
IMG_5919.JPG
IMG_5920.JPG
IMG_5921.JPG

Mahadeswara

16 Oct 2011, 9:06:38 am16/10/11
to efloraofindia
Suggerstions from me : Young tree of Sapindus species (S.trifoliatus
syn. S.laurifolius) ?
>  IMG_5923.JPG
> 304KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5919.JPG
> 241KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5920.JPG
> 252KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5921.JPG
> 190KViewDownload

Neil Soares

16 Oct 2011, 10:26:19 am16/10/11
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara
Affirmative Dr. Swamy. It is Sapindus trifoliatus [syn.S. laurifolius] locally called Aritha / Ritha. Have a few on my property. Will send my photographs of this later.
                      With regards,
                        Neil Soares.

Giby Kuriakose

16 Oct 2011, 10:50:32 am16/10/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
I think that this is Sapindus laurifolius of Sapindaceae family.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Giby Kuriakose

16 Oct 2011, 10:53:51 am16/10/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Gurcharan Singh
According to "the plant list" S. laurifolius is an unresolved name and though Sapindus trifoliatus is an accepted name it doesn't mention that S. laurifolius is a synonym.

Do someone has any relevant information on this aspect?

Regards,
Giby

Neil Soares

16 Oct 2011, 12:38:58 pm16/10/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Gurcharan Singh
Hi,
 Have quoted from Dr.Almeida's 'Flora of Maharashtra', Vol 1.
                           With regards,
                             Neil Soares.

Neil Soares

17 Oct 2011, 3:36:25 am17/10/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Gurcharan Singh
Hi Dr. Swamy,
  Sending you a few photographs of one of my Sapindus trifoliatus trees [dead centre in the first photograph] for comparison.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

--- On Sun, 10/16/11, Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Sapindus trifoliatus,Ritha ,Aritha tree.jpg
Ritha leaves.jpg

Mahadeswara

17 Oct 2011, 6:55:02 am17/10/11
to efloraofindia, Neil Soares, Giby Kuriakose
I thank Neil ji and Gibi ji for providing the ID as well as
clarification on the valid name of the taxa.
Regards,
Mahadeswara Swamy,Ph.D

On Oct 17, 12:36 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Dr. Swamy,
>   Sending you a few photographs of one of my Sapindus trifoliatus trees [dead centre in the first photograph] for comparison.
>                     With regards,
>                       Neil Soares.

M Swamy

9 Nov 2021, 7:33:00 am09/11/21
to efloraofindia
IMG_5923.JPG
IMG_5919.JPG
IMG_5920.JPG
IMG_5921.JPG

J.M. Garg

9 Nov 2021, 11:53:49 pm09/11/21
to efloraofindia, M Swamy
Anacardiaceae.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

10 Nov 2021, 10:44:49 pm10/11/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, M Swamy
Sapindus,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
11/11/21, 09:14:17 AM

M Swamy

17 Nov 2021, 6:45:45 am17/11/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
The ID was suggested  by me in the initial posting  i.e.  Sapindus species (S.trifoliatus syn. S.laurifolius) .  It was confirmed by Neil Soares ji and    Giby Kuriakose ji.  Hence I have taken the ID as final .  Hope this is in order.

J.M. Garg

24 Nov 2021, 12:36:58 am24/11/21
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Yes, correct.