Wild Flowers for ID : Gulmarg : 201011 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 20, 2011, 2:34:57 AM10/20/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Tiny White flowers seen at Gulmarg on the 11th of Sept,11.
Small plants like herbs growing wild.
Flowers about 1 cm in size.
Can they be Cerastium species? C fontanum in FOI seems to resemble my picture.
Please validate.
Aarti
DSCN2370-Gulmarg.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 20, 2011, 2:44:15 AM10/20/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Myosotos aquaticum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Narendra Joshi

Oct 20, 2011, 5:51:20 AM10/20/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Yes Sir, Myosotos aquaticum I have also found these flowers at Gulmarg in June this year. One photo is attached herewith.
--
With Regards,
Narendra Joshi

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 20, 2011, 8:19:21 AM10/20/11
to Narendra Joshi, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Narendra ji, you copied my wrong spellings. actually it is my fault
It should be Myosoton aquaticum (syn: Stellaria aquatica)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 20, 2011, 11:39:26 AM10/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Narendra Joshi, efloraofindia
Narendra ji,
Thanks for sharing your picture of the same.
I have a long way to go to get such great quality pictures.
Sir ji....I did find the error in spelling after I checked on FOI and Google.....but then you have been finding time for each one of us, so we can overlook these small things I suppose.No issues.
Thanks & regards,
Aarti

Dinesh Valke

Oct 20, 2011, 12:31:50 PM10/20/11
to Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh, Narendra Joshi, efloraofindia
Aarti ji, I share your views on this aspect of overlooking inadvertently put wrong spellings.
But, there is a necessity of having correct spelling at least for one instance in the entire thread of posts. That is for helping get the thread in search results, else it would remain buried in the database.
Thus any person may purposefully take the opportunity of re-concluding the thread putting the correct spelling and thank the persons involved in the discussion.
Regards.
Dinesh

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 21, 2011, 12:27:09 AM10/21/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, Narendra Joshi, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji,
Thanks for the feedback.
I get your point.
I was going to do it in my 'thanks mail' to Sir ji...but before that could happen, Sir ji corrected himself.
It had happened with me before, when I copied a wrong spelling from FOI.

Regards,
Aarti