ID of this berry

Skip to the first unread message

Yazdy Palia

1 Jun 2010, 10:05:08 am01/06/10
to indiantreepix
Hello Friends,
What is the id of this berry. The leaves are edible, so are the black
coloured berry.
Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 5 pictures.

DSCN2648.TIF
DSCN2649.TIF
DSCN2650.TIF
DSCN2677.TIF
DSCN2678.TIF

DSCN2648.jpg
DSCN2649.jpg
DSCN2650.jpg
DSCN2677.jpg
DSCN2678.jpg

tanay bose

1 Jun 2010, 10:32:56 am01/06/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Dear Yazdy ji,
I hope Solanum nigrum !!
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Satish Chile

2 Jun 2010, 12:21:05 am02/06/10
to tanay bose, Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Yazdy ji,
Is a this a herb? If yes , Tanay jis Identification is correct. It is indeed S. nigram. This is called Makoi.
Satish
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Yazdy Palia

2 Jun 2010, 12:30:49 am02/06/10
to Satish Chile, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Dear SAtish Chile ji,
It is a herb. The berries are green when raw and turn to purple or
almost black when ripe.
Regards
Yazdy.

Satish Chile

2 Jun 2010, 7:51:50 am02/06/10
to Yazdy Palia, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Yazdy ji, this is S.nigrum.
Satish

promila chaturvedi

2 Jun 2010, 8:50:43 am02/06/10
to Satish Chile, Yazdy Palia, tanay bose, indiantreepix
I still remember it very well that I and my friends used to eat plenty of makoi during our scool days
Promila