ID required

Nudrat Sayed

Jul 24, 2008, 6:16:36 AM7/24/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I found this flower blooming in an area that is 12 km from Dharamshala H.P. The tibetan community call it touch me not and use it for releif from stinging nettle encounters.

--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

sweedle cerejo

Jul 24, 2008, 1:57:01 PM7/24/08
to Nudrat Sayed, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

   This looks like a Balsaminaceae member....

Regards,
Sweedle

Tabish

Jul 27, 2008, 2:43:28 PM7/27/08
to indiantreepix
This should be Rugged Yellow Balsam (Impatiens scabrida)
We also photographed it at Dharamsala! :) More info here:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Rugged%20Yellow%20Balsam.html
I was not aware of its use as an antidote to Stinging Nettle.
Cheers!
- Tabish
>  DSCN0383.JPG
> 1471KViewDownload
>
>  DSCN0385.JPG
> 1424KViewDownload

JM Garg

Feb 16, 2020, 4:37:01 AM2/16/20
to Nudrat, efloraofindia, Tabish
Impatiens tricornis as per another thread by Ashutosh ji at Renaming Impatiens scabrida DC. page to Impatiens tricornis Lindl.
DSCN0383.JPG
DSCN0385.JPG