Id please

Skip to the first unread message

abhay soman

18 Oct 2011, 8:57:34 am18/10/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Place : IITBombay, Pawai, Mumbai
Habitat : present in the garden
Height of Plant : about 10 feet.

Date : 18 Oct 2011.

Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt.
P1100537(eflora).jpg
P1100536(eflora).jpg
P1100539(eflora).jpg

Neil Soares

18 Oct 2011, 1:12:17 pm18/10/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, abhay soman
Hi,r
 This looks like Desmodium gangeticum. Sending a few of my photographs for comparison.
The photograps were taken on my farm at Shahapur.
                 With regards,
                   Neil Soares.

--- On Tue, 10/18/11, abhay soman <soman...@gmail.com> wrote:
Desmodium gangeticum 1.jpg
Desmodium gangeticum 2.jpg
Desmodium gangeticum 3.jpg
Desmodium gangeticum flowers 1.jpg
Desmodium gangeticum flowers 2.jpg
Desmodium gangeticum flowers 3.jpg
Desmodium gangeticum fruiting.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

18 Oct 2011, 1:38:18 pm18/10/11
to abhay soman, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Desmodium gangeticum of Leguminosae family.

Nice pictures!

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Dr Pankaj Kumar

18 Oct 2011, 8:25:26 pm18/10/11
to efloraofindia
Yes Desmodium gangeticum (L.) DC.
Pankaj

On Oct 19, 1:38 am, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, *Desmodium gangeticum* of Leguminosae family.
>
> Nice pictures!
>
> Regards,
> Giby

Satish Phadke

19 Oct 2011, 1:49:04 am19/10/11
to abhay soman, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Abhay ji
Thanks for showing these beautiful pictures.
As a moderator I would alert you to refrain from common subject line like "ID please"; "ID required" ; "For Identification" etc. If some other person sends a mail with same subject line the threads get mixed up and it is not possible to include this in our huge database and we may lack your good pictures there. I am expecting a lot of good pictures similar to this in future.
Thanks again.
Even we have found that members are reluctant to reply to such queries so loss again.
The subject line has to be unique including the date initials and number of that picture posted by you on that day e.g. Plant for ID 18/10/2011 AS 1
--
Dr Satish Phadke