Reg. Cultivation of P.kurroa i.e. Kutaki,

Skip to the first unread message

arvind kadus

6 Aug 2010, 2:29:46 pm06/08/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,All !,
Can any body give me the information regarding the cultivation of Picrorrhiza kurroa i.e. Kutaki. I know that Pune is not the suitable destination but I want to try it in shed net or polyhouse etc. It may be difficult but not impossible. In Ayurveda it is most wanted drug or raw material and righ now overexploited.Need to conserve and cultivate in large.
Please send details, Sites, links whatever you have.
Thanx,
Dr. Kadus Arvind,Pune.
09422085606.

Pankaj Kumar

6 Aug 2010, 2:53:02 pm06/08/10
to arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
It grows at higher altitudes I think so not sure about its cultivation at lower elevations. Just for information, I am attaching two pics of the plant from Tunganath, Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttarakhand. Pic was taken in 2009.
Regards
Pankaj

Picrorrhiza kurroa.jpg
Picrorrhiza kurroa (2).jpg

J.M. Garg

18 Sept 2010, 4:01:02 am18/09/10
to efloraofindia, arvind kadus, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

J.M. Garg

17 Oct 2010, 1:13:28 am17/10/10
to efloraofindia, arvind kadus, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter pl.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“It grows at higher altitudes I think so not sure about its cultivation at lower elevations. Just for information, I am attaching two pics of the plant from Tunganath, Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary, Uttarakhand. Pic was taken in 2009.
Regards
Pankaj”

18 Oct 2010, 10:25:01 pm18/10/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, arvind kadus, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Dear Arvind Kadus ji,
Please check the following link. It gives a little detail that it can be cultivated in polyhouse at 1300 M above MSL
It also mentions certain pests etc.
http://www.ihbt.res.in/picro.htm
Regards
Yazdy.