Lamiaceae & Verbenaceae Week : Request for ID : 080711 : AK-2

Skip to the first unread message

Aarti S. Khale

8 Jul 2011, 1:41:16 am08/07/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Racca Nursery, Nasik, Maharashtra on 31/6/2006.
A small plant.
Is it Salvia?
Aarti
Dscn1316.JPG

Na Bha

8 Jul 2011, 7:11:34 am08/07/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
The blue one looks like some Lavendel, and the red one looks like Dianthus  perhaps D. barbatus?
A very very very wild guess!
Nalini

Gurcharan Singh

8 Jul 2011, 7:18:12 am08/07/11
to Na Bha, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I thought some Salvia sp.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

8 Jul 2011, 10:48:27 am08/07/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Na Bha, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
Had posted the picture for the correct Salvia id...not the ones in the
background.
I thought it to be Salvia,wanted to make sure.

Nalini ji,
Thanks for the efforts taken.
Regards,
Aarti

On 7/8/11, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought some Salvia sp.
>

> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired Associate Professor
> Phone: 011-25518297 Mob: 9810359089
> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Na Bha <nabha-...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> **

>> The blue one looks like some Lavendel, and the red one looks like

>> *Dianthus
>> *perhaps *D. barbatus*?

Na Bha

8 Jul 2011, 4:09:16 pm08/07/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
You are right, it is not Lavendel, probably Salvia, which i don't know.
Nalini

Aarti S. Khale

10 Jul 2011, 1:39:22 am10/07/11
to Na Bha, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
By any chance, could this be Veronica spicata?
Regards,
Aarti

On 7/9/11, Na Bha <nabha-...@gmx.de> wrote:
> You are right, it is not Lavendel, probably Salvia, which i don't know.
> Nalini
>
> Am 08.07.2011 13:18, schrieb Gurcharan Singh:
>> I thought some Salvia sp.
>>

>> --
>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
>> Retired Associate Professor
>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
>> Phone: 011-25518297 Mob: 9810359089

>> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ <http://people.du.ac.in/%7Esinghg45/>

>> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Na Bha <nabha-...@gmx.de
>> <mailto:nabha-...@gmx.de>> wrote:
>>
>> The blue one looks like some Lavendel, and the red one looks like

>> /Dianthus /perhaps /D. barbatus/?

Gurcharan Singh

10 Jul 2011, 4:56:49 am10/07/11
to Aarti S. Khale, Na Bha, efloraofindia
Aarti ji
It should be Salvia farinacea cultivar Victoria Blue. Please see my upload today

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Aarti S. Khale

10 Jul 2011, 11:50:55 am10/07/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Na Bha, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
Thanks a lot for the id.
Could this also be the same Salvia farinacea 'Victoria Blue'?
Taken at Muscat, Oman on 26/2/2010.
How is your health now?
Regards,
Aarti
DSCN9874.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

10 Jul 2011, 12:03:02 pm10/07/11
to Aarti S. Khale, Na Bha, efloraofindia
This one Aarti ji should be Salvia coerulea Benth. cultivar. see my upload just now

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Aarti S. Khale

11 Jul 2011, 3:05:38 am11/07/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Na Bha, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji,
Thanks for correcting me and providing the correct id.
Regards,
Aarti