Solanum species for Id 190909Jm1

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2009, 11:45:25 PM9/18/09
to indiantreepix
On 12/9/09 in Butterfly Park within Zoo Park in Hyderabad.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Fot Id I2 IMG_1616.jpg
Fot Id I2 IMG_1621.jpg
Fot Id I IMG_1616.jpg
Fot Id I IMG_1621.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 19, 2009, 8:34:54 AM9/19/09
to indiantreepix, Susmita Basu
A reply:
"Dear Mr Garg,
It looks like Solanum eriocarpa to me. Are the ripe fruits yellow?
Susmita"

Thanks, Susmita ji. But I didn't see any fruits.

Vijayadas D

Sep 19, 2009, 8:41:41 AM9/19/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Susmita Basu
Dear,

let me to know whether it is shrub form or tree form .  I know one tree form of solanum from Kerala, leaves of plant pastesd here some what looking like that.

--
VijayadasD
Horticulturalist / Estates Supervisor Deputy

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

J.M. Garg

Sep 19, 2009, 8:53:34 AM9/19/09
to Vijayadas D, indiantreepix, Susmita Basu
Thanks, Vijayadas ji,
It was a shrub.

J.M. Garg

Sep 19, 2009, 9:18:32 AM9/19/09
to Vijayadas D, indiantreepix, Susmita Basu
I didn't find any pictures/ links for Solanum eriocarpa.

I think it may be Solanum villosum Miller (red-fruited nightshade) with many syn. as per e-Flora of China & Pakistan as per link below ( I think it was cultivated being in a Butterfly Park):

& as per pictures at:

J.M. Garg

Oct 4, 2009, 11:16:06 AM10/4/09
to indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.
Earlier relevant feedback:

"I didn't find any pictures/ links for Solanum eriocarpa.

I think it may be Solanum villosum Miller (red-fruited nightshade) with many syn. as per e-Flora of China & Pakistan as per link below ( I think it was cultivated being in a Butterfly Park):
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200020611

http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=200020611

& as per pictures at:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-in:IE-ContextMenu&rlz=1I7GZEZ_en-GB&q=Solanum+villosum&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=xta0SofULsSfkQWHk_nGCw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4"

Fot Id I2 IMG_1616.jpg
Fot Id I2 IMG_1621.jpg
Fot Id I IMG_1616.jpg
Fot Id I IMG_1621.jpg

Akramul Hoque

Oct 4, 2009, 1:57:36 PM10/4/09
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Dear GARG JI,
Hope all of our frnds  of  Indiantreepix   are well . I 'm  too much proud of this site. I'm getting  much  help  for  my  botanical  study  from it.
A request  -----pl  give  me  the  an updated  data  from where  i can  get  all   the  photographs( without  elemination of any photo )  alphabetically.
It is  Solanum  verbascifolium  (SOLANACEAE).

AKRAMUL  HOQUE
ULUBERIA  BOTANICAL  INSTITUTE

--- On Sun, 4/10/09, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.

J.M. Garg

Oct 4, 2009, 2:01:02 PM10/4/09
to Akramul Hoque, indiantreepix
Thanks, Akramul ji.
You can download it from home page http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.

J.M. Garg

Oct 4, 2009, 2:13:07 PM10/4/09
to Akramul Hoque, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Hi, Akramul ji,
Do you mean it to be Solanum  verbascifolium  L. as per links?:

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 4, 2009, 3:18:28 PM10/4/09
to J.M. Garg, Akramul Hoque, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Indian S. verbascifolium is now S. erianthum D Don, as per Efloras of China and akistan

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 4, 2009, 3:22:48 PM10/4/09
to J.M. Garg, Akramul Hoque, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Garg ji, you have to confirm whether this plant was a small herb (less than 1 m) or a woody shrub or tree.

J.M. Garg

Oct 4, 2009, 11:18:54 PM10/4/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, Akramul Hoque, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Thanks, Singh ji.
Can't say with surety- may a largish herb or a smallish shrub.

Akramul Hoque

Oct 5, 2009, 6:39:58 AM10/5/09
to J.M. Garg, Dr Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Hello Garg Ji ,
Just now I'm at class room  and will bussy  upto 10 pm.

The confusion created  By  Dr. Gurcharan Singh is  not  a Confusion at all .

 Actually  this is the matter  of  discussion  regarding  SEVERE   DEEP   NOMENCLATURAL   TAXONOMY .  At  10.30 pm (KOLKATA)   I will discuss it.

AKRAMUL   HOQUE

EX-SENIOR RESEARCH  FELLOW
( Authorised  on Revision of  Indian Dioscoreaceae)
BOTANICAL  SURVEY  OF  INDIA

PART TIME LECTURER  OF  BOTANY
ULUBERIA  COLLEGE
UNIVERSITY  OF  CALCUTTA

--- On Mon, 5/10/09, Dr Gurcharan Singh <sin...@sify.com> wrote:

Yahoo! India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.

Akramul Hoque

Oct 5, 2009, 2:42:42 PM10/5/09
to J.M. Garg, Dr Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
hello ji,

regarding  nomencltural  problem  a discussion has prepared  in the attached file pl go through it.

AKRAM

--- On Mon, 5/10/09, Akramul Hoque <ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Keep up with people you care about with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how.
AKRAM.doc

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Oct 5, 2009, 3:03:13 PM10/5/09
to Akramul Hoque, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Dear Mr Akramul Hoque

The basic question still remains. Is the plant under consideration S. verbascifolium L. or S. erianthum (that has been identified wrongly by some Indian authors as S. verbascifolium)?, and if it is S. verbascifolium, what are the differences between this and S. erianthum
 I hope you would enlighten on that. There is no confusion about nomenclature. It is about the identity.

J.M. Garg

Oct 7, 2009, 2:30:38 AM10/7/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, Akramul Hoque, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Hi, Aakramul ji,
Forwarding again for your kind reply pl.:
"Dear Mr Akramul Hoque

The basic question still remains. Is the plant under consideration S. verbascifolium L. or S. erianthum (that has been identified wrongly by some Indian authors as S. verbascifolium)?, and if it is S. verbascifolium, what are the differences between this and S. erianthum
I hope you would enlighten on that. There is no confusion about nomenclature. It is about the identity." from Singh ji.

Akramul Hoque

Oct 7, 2009, 2:23:36 PM10/7/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Vijayadas D, Susmita Basu
Hello  Ji,
HERE   IS   A   LONG  DISCUSSION   MENTIONING   DIFF FLORAS   AND   ICBN  LATEST  RULES   WITH   ART. NOS.
LASTLY    I   HAVE  A    COMMENT   IN  BRIEF   AT   LAST  PAGE.

PL  FOLLOW  THE  ATTACHED FILE

AKRAMUL  HOQUE

Yahoo! India has a new look. Take a sneak peek.
xxx.docx