Polygonum for id 150211MK1

Skip to the first unread message

Muthu Karthick

15 Feb 2011, 2:31:27 am15/02/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to is this Polygonaceae member. I hope the genus is Polygonum sp. I found this single individual in a first-order stream among P.glabrum population. The location is on the eastern most part of Nilgiris district in TN.

Date/Time-

10-02-2011 / 11:00 AM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

stream in Nilgiris RF; TN. c 350 msl

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

wild, wetland

Plant Habit-

herb

Height/Length-

c. 50 cm

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

c. 10 X 1 cm; Violet blotches in mid of leaf

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

raceme; upto 10cm long

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

white

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Polygonaceae.jpg
Polygonaceae (1).jpg
Polygonaceae (2).jpg

Na Bha

15 Feb 2011, 8:07:10 am15/02/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Germanname Knöterich. But I have this weed in my garden in Ritterhude, not just white but redisch too. I don't think I have a foto of the red one. Will send some in summer.
Sending Knöterich from my garden in a new mail.
Nalini

Muthu Karthick

5 Mar 2011, 1:26:34 am05/03/11
to indiantreepix

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Polygonum for id 150211MK1
------------------------
----------

aneesh ks

5 Mar 2011, 5:07:05 am05/03/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
seems to be Polygonum barbatum

J.M. Garg

17 Jun 2011, 3:40:16 am17/06/11
to efloraofindia, uda...@gmail.com, vsrb...@gmail.com, nmk...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, swamy...@yahoo.com, ras...@gmail.com, maha...@gmail.com, kalida...@gmail.com, althafgrass@gmail.com"nabha meghani", anees...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Germanname Knöterich. But I have this weed in my garden in Ritterhude, not just white but redisch too. I don't think I have a foto of the red one. Will send some in summer.

Sending Knöterich from my garden in a new mail.

Nalini”

seems to be Polygonum barbatum” from Aneesh ji.

17 Jun 2011, 4:32:42 am17/06/11
to efloraofindia
Leaves with dark blotches in middle, spikes dense and compact.

Persicaria maculosa from me.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Muthu Karthick

17 Jun 2011, 7:42:16 am17/06/11
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thank you Riteshji for the identification.
Polygonum barbatum have ciliated ochre

JM Garg

29 Jan 2022, 5:24:41 am29/01/22
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Hi, Muthu ji,
May I request you to pl. post high res. images to see the details.
The id as Persicaria maculosa may need to be considered again as I do not find its distribution in the area as per POWO, CoL, FoPI.

to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
There may be some possibility of Persicaria stagnina (Buch.-Ham. ex Meisn.) Qaiser, but difficult to say with these images.
Pl. post high res. images.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Shakir Ahmad

29 Jan 2022, 5:33:06 am29/01/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

J.M. Garg

2 Feb 2022, 10:57:37 am02/02/22
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

7 Feb 2022, 2:10:56 am07/02/22
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
HI, Muthu ji,
May I request you to post high res. images to check the details.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Polygonaceae.jpg
Polygonaceae (1).jpg
Polygonaceae (2).jpg

Muthu Karthick

7 Feb 2022, 2:24:36 am07/02/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Sure Garg ji
Persicaria (1).jpg
Persicaria (2).jpg

Muthu Karthick

7 Feb 2022, 2:24:45 am07/02/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Persicaria (3).jpg

J.M. Garg

15 Feb 2022, 2:17:34 am15/02/22
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
I think it appears close to images at Persicaria decipiens (R.Br.) K.L.Wilson as per comparative images at Persicaria.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg