For Id 010708JM

J.M. Garg

Jul 1, 2008, 9:25:27 AM7/1/08
to indiantreepix
On 16/3/08 at Jayanti, Duars, West Bengal.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2008, 10:32:48 AM7/9/08
to indiantreepix
Mailing again for Id help.

Nudrat

Jul 10, 2008, 3:24:22 AM7/10/08
to indiantreepix
The fruits seems to be like those of Lagerstroemia sps however i cant
tell for sure whether it is lagerstoemia

On Jul 1, 6:25 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/3/08 at Jayanti, Duars, West Bengal.
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group
> (Indiantreepix)http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
> For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visithttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg
>
> unided at Jayanti, Duars, West Bengal I Picture 490.jpg
> 177KViewDownload
>
> unided at Jayanti, Duars, West Bengal I Picture 491.jpg
> 207KViewDownload
>
> unided at Jayanti, Duars, West Bengal I Picture 492.jpg
> 211KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2008, 4:08:23 AM7/10/08
to Nudrat, indiantreepix
Thanks, Nudrat ji.
On recall, it seems very much like a Lagerstroemia species. It seems to match with the pictures of Lagerstroemia floribunda as per the link: http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_catalog/cat.cgi?uid=Lagerstroemia_floribunda & as per the data from Indiantreepix Database:
Lagerstroemia floribunda Lythraceae  Thai Crape Myrtle  www.TopTropicals.com - rare plants for home and garden Thai Crape Myrtle (Lagerstroemia floribunda) - indiantreepix | Google Groups
However, I will further try to check it up with the books.

J.M. Garg

Jul 10, 2008, 10:07:22 AM7/10/08
to Nudrat, indiantreepix
On checking up five species given in Trees of Delhi, Lagerstroemia tomentosa (Leza) seems to fit because of its saucer-shaped Fruit-cup with ovoid fruit with 5-6 valves, dark brown or black. I can't find out for other species, if any available in India.

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"

Madhuri Pejaver

Jul 12, 2008, 9:23:19 AM7/12/08
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
for additional info
this is the state tree of Maharashtra
madhuri

> On recall, it seems very much like a *Lagerstroemia*
> species. It seems to
> match with the pictures of *Lagerstroemia floribunda* as
> per the link:
> http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_catalog/cat.cgi?uid=Lagerstroemia_floribunda
> &
> as per the data from Indiantreepix Database:

> *Lagerstroemia floribunda* *Lythraceae * *Thai Crape
> Myrtle * **
> ** www.TopTropicals.com

> - rare plants for home and

> garden<http://toptropicals.com/cgi-bin/garden_catalog/cat.cgi?uid=Lagerstroemia_floribunda>

> Thai
> Crape Myrtle (Lagerstroemia floribunda) - indiantreepix |
> Google

> Groups<http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/1f9a742b6ba20802>However,

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 24, 2021, 12:57:50 AM10/24/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Lagerstroemia tomentosa ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 24, 2021, 1:33:04 AM10/24/21