Requesting id please, uttara kannada 4

shivaprakash adavanne

Oct 9, 2009, 10:36:45 AM10/9/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
dear all,
one more from the foto list to be identified, photographed in Uttara
Kannada, Karnataka

kindly help me in id'g the plant.

regards
a.shivparakash

IMG_7269.JPG
IMG_7271.JPG

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 9, 2009, 1:47:15 PM10/9/09
to shivaprakash adavanne, indian...@googlegroups.com
This is Klugia notoniana belongs  to Scrophulariaceae. I think the correct name is Rhynchoglossum notonianum

Santhosh

2009/10/9 shivaprakash adavanne <adav...@gmail.com>

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 10, 2009, 12:45:29 AM10/10/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Prashant Ji,

This may also  Rhynchoglossum notonianum belongs to Gesneriaceae. There is another species also reported from Kerala viz. Rhynchoglossum obliquum Blume, but I am not quite sure it represents the later. Rhynchoglossum belongs to Gesneriaceae not Scrophulaiaceae. It was an inadvertant error from my part. Sorry for the trouble.

Santhosh

2009/10/10 Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com>
Dear Santhosh Kumar ji,

I have one snap from Munnar. Do have a look.

Thanks & best wishes
prashant