J&K Herb Aptenia cordifolia

Pravir Deshmukh

Oct 20, 2011, 2:29:08 AM10/20/11
to efloraofindia
Aptenia cordifolia

Family: Aizoaceae

Common Name: Baby Sun Rose

Flw: May

Recorded From: Darabshala Village, Kishtawar Dist, J&K

Elevation: 1040 m

--
Pravir Deshmukh
09717611977

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 20, 2011, 2:43:33 AM10/20/11
to Pravir Deshmukh, efloraofindia
Yes Pravir
Commonly cultivated. I found it at Panchkula and also in California.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pravir Deshmukh

Oct 20, 2011, 2:46:49 AM10/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks sir for the information.

I got this herb on the boundary walls in the village in shady areas

is it cultivated as a garden plant?

--
Pravir Deshmukh
09717611977

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 20, 2011, 2:56:51 AM10/20/11
to Pravir Deshmukh, efloraofindia
Yes Pravir ji
Forms good ground cover

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ushadi micromini

Oct 20, 2011, 4:09:43 AM10/20/11
to efloraofindia
yes one of the iceplant ... for rocky sandy california coast soils...
has extensive network of roots... acts to save soil from erosion..
even when itself is dried out and shrivelled... better than most
grasses... more welcome too..because of the flowers and green
foliage...

usha di
=======

On Oct 20, 11:56 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Pravir ji
> Forms good ground cover
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

mani nair

Oct 20, 2011, 5:58:34 AM10/20/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Beautiful flower.  I had this plant bought from Kerala.  It is very good for hanging baskets also.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Mani.