Murdannia for ID

Skip to the first unread message

Satish Phadke

25 Sept 2010, 9:46:40 am25/09/10
to indiantreepix
Kas flora 19Sep2010
These small Murdannia flowers were observed under the other common herbs of Impatiens Murdannia simplex Eriocaolon etc.
Size of the flower about half of that of Murdannia simplex . I think this is Murdannia semeteres please validate.
Dr Phadke
_MG_0139s.jpg

tanay bose

25 Sept 2010, 10:25:09 am25/09/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Can be but do you have photos of the leaves Satish Ji?
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Satish Phadke

25 Sept 2010, 10:31:11 am25/09/10
to tanay bose, indiantreepix
Sorry the plant was so small I forgot to check them. Will this help?
_MG_0140s.jpg

tanay bose

25 Sept 2010, 11:50:47 pm25/09/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear Satish Ji,
Does the colour of the flower varries in shades of Blue? If yes this is Murdannia semiteres
Check the flower from the Dinesh Ji's Flickr page 9link provided below)

Regards
Tanay

Mayur Nandikar

28 Sept 2010, 9:58:04 am28/09/10
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Hello
no doubt Murdannia nimmoniana Syn. M. semiteres (Leaves like Juncus)
Thnx.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Dinesh Valke

28 Sept 2010, 1:25:37 pm28/09/10
to Mayur Nandikar, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Mayur ji,
Not sure how small the flower posted by Satish ji is ... BUT, how small the flower of M. semiteres can be ? ... would it be as small as the size of a Eriocaulon flower head ? (just about 3 - 4 mm).
AND, about when did Murdannia semiteres get treated as synonym of Murdannia nimmoniana ?

Regards.

Regards.