confirmation pl.

Skip to the first unread message

ushaprabha page

12 Sept 2010, 3:11:39 am12/09/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Is it `Capparis zelanica? pl confirm.
P2210792.JPG
P2210793.JPG

Dinesh Valke

12 Sept 2010, 3:24:18 am12/09/10
to ushaprabha page, indian...@googlegroups.com
... yes madam Page, Capparis zeylanica 100% ...with their glory fading, the flowers turn from white to pink ... the combination of these colours is a beautiful sight in the wild.

... commonly known as: Ceylon caper • Bengali: kalokera • Gujarati: ગોવિંદકળ govindakal, kakhbilado, karrallura • Hindi: ardanda, jhiris • Kannada: ಮುಳ್ಳುಕತ್ತರಿ mullukattari, totulla • Konkani: वाघांटी vaghamti • Malayalam: karthotti • Marathi: गोविंदी govindi, कडूवाघांटी kaduvaghanti, वाघांटी vaghanti • Nepalese: ban kera • Punjabi: ਗਰਨਾ garna, ਕਰਵੀਲਾ karwila, ਕਰਵੀਲੂੰ karwilun • Rajasthani: gitoranj • Sanskrit: करम्भ karambha, तपसप्रिय tapasapriya, व्याघ्रनखी vyaghra nakhi • Tamil: ஆதொண்டை atontai, காற்றோட்டி karrotti • Telugu: ఆరుదొండ arudonda

Regards.

Satish Phadke

12 Sept 2010, 12:17:45 pm12/09/10
to ushaprabha page, indian...@googlegroups.com
Affirmative from me too.
I have observed it on Vetal tekdi Pune at 2-3 places. As Dinesh ji has told the fresh flowers esp. when one visits in the morning appear bright white but in the evening(As I normally do) most of the flowers appear pink red coloured as shown in the picture.
Dr Phadke
Capparis zeylanica.JPG

tanay bose

12 Sept 2010, 2:06:46 pm12/09/10
to Satish Phadke, ushaprabha page, indian...@googlegroups.com
Capparis zeylanica undoubtedly
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dr. Arvind Kadus

13 Sept 2010, 6:22:09 am13/09/10
to efloraofindia
Yes it is Capparis zeylanica. In pune near Parvati there is bridge.
Going towards Parvati from Nilayam talkies there is same plant beside
the road and over the bridge. I have seen this plant with plenty of
flowers. Right now there are no flowers. The flowers initially are
white, but after 1-2 days they get dark pink or purple colour ( may be
after fertilization).
Thanx,
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.

On Sep 12, 11:06 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Capparis zeylanica undoubtedly
> Tanay
>
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Affirmative from me too.
> > I have observed it on Vetal tekdi Pune at 2-3 places. As Dinesh ji has told
> > the fresh flowers esp. when one visits in the morning appear bright white
> > but in the evening(As I normally do) most of the flowers appear pink red
> > coloured as shown in the picture.
> > Dr Phadke
>
> > On 12 September 2010 12:41, ushaprabha page <ushaprabhap...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Is it `Capparis zelanica? pl confirm.
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*

Muthu Karthick

14 Sept 2010, 3:09:59 am14/09/10
to Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
Yes this is C.zeylanica.
The change in colouration is due to Pollination. After pollination, the stamens' colour change
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow