efloraindetification 250811 BRS7 Id. reg.

Skip to the first unread message

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

25 Aug 2011, 6:36:23 am25/08/11
to efloraofindia
PL. find the attached file contain flower photo for id.

Date/Time-Location- Jan- Feb, 2011.  Anaikatti, Coimbatore Dist. Tamil Nadu
Altitude, 630 MSL
 Habitat- Rural, Road side.
Type Plant Habit-  Climber
 Size-
Colour- white with violet in center.

Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

stock vector : tree

ipomia2.JPG

Neil Soares

25 Aug 2011, 7:00:55 am25/08/11
to efloraofindia, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy
Hi,
 This looks like Ipomea campanulata [Tambervel].
                           Regards,
                             Neil Soares.

shrikant ingalhalikar

25 Aug 2011, 7:44:23 am25/08/11
to efloraofindia
Once again mentioning the size of the flowers is very much relevant
here. Though the size can not be judged from the picture, I can guess
that to be just 2-3 cm to call it Ipomoea staphylina. Regards,
Shrikant

On Aug 25, 4:00 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  This looks like Ipomea campanulata [Tambervel].
>                            Regards,
>                              Neil Soares.

Giby Kuriakose

25 Aug 2011, 9:17:01 am25/08/11
to indiantreepix
I stand for Ipomoea staphylina of Convolvulaceae family.
Please provide more information as Shrikanth Ji mentioned to confirm the id.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Giby Kuriakose

26 Aug 2011, 12:05:07 am26/08/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, indiantreepix
Thank you for your reply.
Look forward for more information.
A suggestion, it would be good if you can keep a note when you photograph new species. Keep the number of the picture as reference hence you can share the field information with us that would be of great help for identification and better learning.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

On 26 August 2011 09:20, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy <brsp...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have notice this sp. a bio fence of a coconut garden. They have not planted nor maintaining.
May be next time I will get other information.

Thanks