fruits & vegetables :: NATURALIZED, WILD :: Cleomaceae » Cleome rutidosperma

Skip to the first unread message

Dinesh Valke

2 Jan 2011, 1:35:24 pm02/01/11
to efloraofindia
Cleomaceae (spider-flower, cleome family) » Cleome rutidosperma
Synonym: Cleome ciliata

klee-OH-me -- ancient name for a mustard-like plant
roo-tih-do-SPER-muh -- wrinkling, rutilant, shining, referring to seed

commonly known as: fringed spider-flower • Marathi निळी तिळवण nili tilwan

Native of: tropical Africa; naturalized elsewhere

Edible use:
... leaves (as VEGETABLE) cooked or added to soup (somewhere in Africa) ... Vegetables By G. J. H. Grubben
... not sure of edible use known in India

4805093824_f623083e66_b.jpg
503673571_b5be9a984f_b.jpg
4804466819_11a248b2cf_b.jpg

raju

2 Jan 2011, 2:09:16 pm02/01/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Dineshji,
Which portion of this plant is edible?

Raju Das

On Jan 2, 11:35 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cleomaceae (spider-flower, cleome family) » *Cleome rutidosperma*
> *Synonym*: *Cleome ciliata*
>
> *klee-OH-me* -- ancient name for a mustard-like plant
> *roo-tih-do-SPER-muh* -- wrinkling, rutilant, shining, referring to seed
>
> *commonly known as*: fringed spider-flower • Marathi निळी तिळवण nili tilwan
>
> *Native of*: tropical Africa; naturalized elsewhere
>
> *Edible use*:
>

> > ... leaves (as VEGETABLE) cooked or added to soup (somewhere in Africa) ...
> > Vegetables <http://tinyurl.com/3a43elo> By G. J. H. Grubben
> > ... not sure of edible use known in India
>

>  4805093824_f623083e66_b.jpg
> 33KViewDownload
>
>  503673571_b5be9a984f_b.jpg
> 84KViewDownload