Gulmohur_Delonix regia

Skip to the first unread message

Anand Kumar Bhatt

21 May 2011, 4:51:48 am21/05/11
to indiantreepix, Ambika Bhatt, Devashish K. Bhatt, Anand Kumar Bhatt
3 years ago I planted some flowering trees near my home in open ground. This is the forst. The plant was a couple of years old when it was planted. Peltophorum is next in line.
ak

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

gulmohur-1.jpg
gulmohur-2.jpg
gulmohur-3.jpg

Ushadi micromini

22 May 2011, 12:34:13 am22/05/11
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg
Dear Mr. Bhatt ji:
very nice pictures.. so your tree survived and florurished...... and
peltoforum is popular too... very obviously for the red and yellow
display...
PLEASE refer to a recent discussion we had on the beauty and
usefulness/ uselessness of both these trees ....
I refer you to this thread right here on eflora...
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/457d8a070cea2d63/8233684f0ffa729a?lnk=gst&q=gulmohar#8233684f0ffa729a

thank you.....
usha di.
====

On May 21, 1:51 pm, Anand Kumar Bhatt <anandkbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 3 years ago I planted some flowering trees near my home in open ground. This
> is the forst. The plant was a couple of years old when it was planted.
> Peltophorum is next in line.
> ak
>
> --
> Anand Kumar Bhatt
> A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
> Gwalior. 474 005.
> Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
> My blogsite is at:http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
> (A NEW BLOG has been ADDED ON 12 April 2011.)
> And the photo site:www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/

> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/>(NEW PHOTOS HAVE BEEN ADDED ON 15

> March 2011.)
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Ten most  common surnames of Indians: Singh, Kumar, Sharma, Patel, Shah,
> Lal, Gupta, Bhat, Rao, Reddy. Cheers!
>

>  gulmohur-1.jpg
> 75KViewDownload
>
>  gulmohur-2.jpg
> 68KViewDownload
>
>  gulmohur-3.jpg
> 59KViewDownload

Anand Kumar Bhatt

22 May 2011, 1:47:20 am22/05/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg
I am an old man and I wanted quick results, see the flowers before I become 'dear to god' and hence I went for this tree. I have also planted a number of chiraul trees but it has hardly any part which is showy. Among Indian flowering trees one can immediately name butea, coral, and Indian laburnum. But both palash and kachnar are not a very pretty sight when not in flower, and Indian coral is a delicate tree, I have seen it dying for no rhyme and reason (to the layman).
true' gulmohur is brittle, weak and short lived, but 'in spite of your faults, I love thee still.'
ak

ushadi Micromini

22 May 2011, 2:17:07 am22/05/11
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, efloraofindia
Dear Bhatt ji: I am glad you planted them and are enjoying the colors... I am partial to these trees and their red colors , I chose my current abode because there were 8 delonix regia surrounding it... imagine that... and some 20+ years ago I wrote about my love for Krishnachura in an international publication...  so please do not think any aspersion was meant...   may you and your trees grow old together yet...   Lots of love, Usha di.

====