ORCHIDACEAE: Bulbophyllum sanguineopunctatum Seidenf. & A.D.Kerr (Red & White natural variants)

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 31, 2011, 9:03:54 PM10/31/11
to indiantreepix
Bulbophyllum sanguineopunctatum Seidenf. & A.D.Kerr, Dansk Bot. Ark.
29: 39 (1974).

Family: ORCHIDACEAE
Current pic taken from our live collection at KFBG, Hong Kong.
These two colours are supposed to be natural variants.
The plate is based on red variant and it is not yet complete, as
scale, gynostemium and pollinia are missing.

Regards
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36c, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
          sahani...@gmail.com
          pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
           +852 9436 6251 (mobile)

Presentation1.jpg
Presentation2.jpg

Balkar Singh

Oct 31, 2011, 9:07:02 PM10/31/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Gorgeous Slides Pankaj Ji
Thanks for Sharing
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 31, 2011, 11:49:21 PM10/31/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Balkar sir...
Pankaj
> >           sahanipan...@gmail.com
> >           pankajsah...@rediffmail.com

Ushadi micromini

Nov 1, 2011, 1:07:19 AM11/1/11
to efloraofindia
very nice... aren't these the ones that have "mermaid" in their
colloquial name someplace?
i cant remember.. exact ref right now, do you know?
Usha di
========

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Nov 1, 2011, 1:32:08 AM11/1/11
to efloraofindia
Actually I wrote them as flying mermaids in my last post.
This is same species, just one different color variant.
Pankaj