Orchid from Ratanwadi

1 view
Skip to the first unread message

Swagat

12 Jul 2010, 2:45:39 am12/07/10
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Orchid from Dr. Satish ji reminds me this... Is it same?

Date/Time- *21st June 2010, 12.50 p.m.*

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  *Ratanwadi, Tahasil- Akole, Dist.
Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra  रतनवाडी, ता.- अकोले, जि.- अहमदनगर, महाराष्‍ट्र*
(Ratanwadi is located in the catchment area of Bhandardara Dam)

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- *Rural*

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-

Height/Length-

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979

Orchid-Ratanwadi-Swagat.jpg

mani nair

12 Jul 2010, 2:51:00 am12/07/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Looks like a cross of  vanda and phalaenopsis.  Waiting for answers.

Regards,

Mani.

Pankaj Kumar

12 Jul 2010, 5:17:46 am12/07/10
to mani nair, Swagat, indiantreepix
Aaerides maculosa and crispa ad been a bit confusing to me. This seems
like Aerides maculosa to me. Have been trying to solve this taxonomic
issue with Dr. Aparna and Dr. Swapna. Lets hope we will come out with
some good results.

CAN ANYONE SEND ME (3-6) FLOWERS OF BOTH PRESERVED IN 70% ALCOHOL
PLZZZZZZZZZZZ..... IF YOU ARE IN MUMBAI THEN PUNE THEN PASS IT ON TO
SWAPNA OR APARNA WATVE.......

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar

12 Jul 2010, 5:18:41 am12/07/10
to mani nair, Swagat, indiantreepix
Apologies for the typographic error it should have been Aerides in the
first sentence of my last post...
Pankaj

tanay bose

12 Jul 2010, 7:44:30 am12/07/10
to Pankaj Kumar, mani nair, Swagat, indiantreepix
I too think this can be Aerides maculosa  [Syn: Saccolabium speciosum, Aerides schroederi, Aerides illustris]
Atleast looks very close to it.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Swagat

13 Jul 2010, 12:47:13 am13/07/10
to Pankaj Kumar, mani nair, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Pankaj ji and Mani ji.
...waiting for good results.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979

2010/7/12 Pankaj Kumar <sahani...@gmail.com>

Apologies for the typographic error it should have been Aerides in the
first sentence of my last post...
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

26 Aug 2010, 11:00:16 pm26/08/10
to efloraofindia, Swagat, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, TANAY BOSE

Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feedback

Pankaj ji..........................................................Aerides maculosa and crispa ad been a bit confusing to me. This seems
like Aerides maculosa to me. Have been trying to solve this taxonomic issue with Dr. Aparna and Dr. Swapna. Lets hope we will come out with some good results.
Tanay............................................................I too think this can be Aerides maculosa  [Syn: Saccolabium speciosum, Aerides schroederi, Aerides illustris]  Atleast looks very close to it.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor