Re: [efloraofindia:78139] Vertifical-gardening-Chlorophytum comosum(Spider plant)

Skip to the first unread message

Tanay Bose

25 Aug 2011, 12:57:49 am25/08/11
to mani nair, indiantreepix
I also see some ferns lying out there too!
Tanay

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:48 PM, mani nair <mani....@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends,

Sending a photo of the Spider plant used in Vertical gardening.

Place : Byculla Gardens
Date  : February 2010
Habitat : Cultivated

Regards,
Mani.

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

mani nair

25 Aug 2011, 12:59:52 am25/08/11
to Tanay Bose, indiantreepix
Thanks Tanay ji, I also saw them. But the majority are spider plants
and majority always win!!
Regards,
Mani.

On 8/25/11, Tanay Bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also see some ferns lying out there too!
> Tanay
>
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:48 PM, mani nair <mani....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear friends,
>>
>> Sending a photo of the Spider plant used in Vertical gardening.
>>
>> Place : Byculla Gardens
>> Date : February 2010
>> Habitat : Cultivated
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mani.
>>

> --

> *Tanay Bose*

> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> 604-822-2019 (Lab)
> 604-822-6089 (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca

> *Webpages:*

Tanay Bose

25 Aug 2011, 1:02:02 am25/08/11
to mani nair, indiantreepix
You are true !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
           604-822-2019 (Lab)
           604-822-6089  (Fax)
Webpages:

mani nair

25 Aug 2011, 12:48:32 am25/08/11
to indiantreepix
Vert-gard-spider.jpg

Balkar Arya

25 Aug 2011, 8:57:34 pm25/08/11
to Tanay Bose, mani nair, indiantreepix
wonderful Concept
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

25 Aug 2011, 9:46:10 pm25/08/11
to efloraofindia
Very nice, This arrangement is really a spiral shelves in a round
with little cubby places for pots... a quick way to get a column of
green... or color ... to enhance architecture or make a display....

I love the fact that whole column is airplants...

cant get the local nurserymen in West Bengal to carry c. comosum...
they have other chlorophytum s but the real airplant....

wonder why?
Usha di
------

On Aug 26, 5:57 am, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> wonderful Concept
>

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You are true !!
> > Tanay
>
> > On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Thanks Tanay ji, I also saw them.  But the majority are spider plants
> >> and majority always win!!
> >> Regards,
> >> Mani.

Ushadi micromini

26 Aug 2011, 12:20:53 am26/08/11
to efloraofindia
ON SECOND THOUGHTS>>> ARE SURE THIS IS FOR ART"S SAKE>>>
NOT JUST STOCKING PLANTS FOR SALE???

Usha di
======

On Aug 26, 6:46 am, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>

mani nair

26 Aug 2011, 12:26:15 am26/08/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Usha ji, they were selling this for art sake. Lots of people were
booking for this. It is good for small places like balconies. The
spider plant is also a good air purifier.

Regards,

Mani.

ushadi Micromini

26 Aug 2011, 12:55:10 am26/08/11
to mani nair, efloraofindia
I know... air purification work was done by NASA  per many NON_NASA sources... but have not found a direct quote from NASA themselves.... over the years people who sell green leaf houseplants say its NASA's work... but...  no direct info...

 **  this ... is what the shelves?
or the individual plants?

Usha di
=========