Posoqueria latifolia

renee vyas vyas

Mar 3, 2011, 10:34:11 AM3/3/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends,

Would like to share pictures of, not very common tree, Posoqueria latifolia - Rubiaceae family- just started flowering in Rani Bagh, Mumbai.
The fruit seen in the picture may be of previous season.......I have seen this tree flowering in monsoon too.....dont remember the exact month. The flowers are very fragrant and have seen fallen on the ground in large numbers early in the morning!!

I also thank you all for appreciating my pictures of plants and identifying them for me,

Regards,

Renee
Fruits of Posoqueria latifolia_1.JPG
Posoqueria latifolia 1_1.JPG
Posoqueria latifolia Jasmine Tree_1.JPG
Posoqueria latifolia leaves_1.JPG

Satish Phadke

Mar 3, 2011, 10:39:46 AM3/3/11
to renee vyas vyas, efloraofindia
Very nice Renee ji. It seems I missed it on Sunday.
Good illustration of leaf morphology ....Rubiaceae.
Is it the characteristic interpetiolar stipule?
Dr Phadke

renee vyas vyas

Mar 3, 2011, 10:54:03 AM3/3/11
to Satish Phadke, efloraofindia
Thanks Satishji,

Yes, interpetiolat stipule is the characteristic of Rubiaceae family.

Regards,

Renee