FLAME OF THE FOREST.

Debasish Joardar

Jun 19, 2007, 12:11:03 PM6/19/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

These are called “Flame of the Forest”.
Scientific name : Butea Frondosa ( also known as Butea monosperma).
In Bengal they are known as “Palash”.
The golden flowers are known as “Swarna Palash”.
Blooming time: Spring. (in West Bengal it varies from end of February to Middle of April).
“Swarna Palash” is not very common to those who live in Kolkata. But during blooming time if one walks from Baisakhi to Purta Bhavan (at Salt Lake) can see a number of trees with “Swarna Palash”.
Birds are easily attracted by the flowers and the fruits. So, bird watchers can take a note.

Debasish Joardar.

Once upon a time there was 1 GB storage on Yahoo! Mail. Click here for happy ending!

100_6190.JPG
100_6210.JPG
100B6240.JPG
100B6401.JPG
100B6482.JPG

Debasish Joardar

Jun 19, 2007, 12:14:49 PM6/19/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com

The DELETE button on Yahoo! Mail is unhappy. Know why?

Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here

100_6190.JPG
100B6240.JPG
100B6401.JPG
100B6482.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 19, 2007, 10:35:13 PM6/19/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com
It's such a beauty when flowering, that I don't have any words to describe. I have seen one small tree in bloom in one of the campuses of possibly Maritime Acadamy of India or like in Kolkata when one goes from Taratala to Bracebridge. I always wanted to click its pictures as I passed by everyday. A few trees I saw in Agri-horticulture society in Alipore. Oh! What a sight it was! I could hardly muster enough courage to put my feet on fallen flowers, which were forming such a beautiful pattern on ground as if waiting to welcome their loved ones. I may post a picture later.
--
Cheers!
J.M.Garg

nitu

Jun 19, 2007, 11:01:02 PM6/19/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com
no doubt beautiful and nice pics but moderator sahib pl state some guidelines for pic sizes

J.M. Garg

Jun 19, 2007, 11:09:12 PM6/19/07
to nitu, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Nitu ji for pointing out. Max. attachment size of 150 KB for each attachment has already been stated with the group description yesterday itself. Everybody is requested to follow it. Number of attachments should also be kept minimum, so as not to emphasize the same aspect again.
Wiith regards,
J.M.Garg
(Moderator)