Chamba Heights id al190811

Skip to the first unread message

Alok Mahendroo

19 Aug 2011, 11:02:38 am19/08/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends continuing with the upper Chamba id's... two compositae for
today,

Location Chamba
Altitude 3500 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
height 24-30 inches
can grow on rocky places

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

073111_1384.jpg
073111_1383.jpg
073111_1382.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

19 Aug 2011, 11:14:26 pm19/08/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Alok ji
Minimum we expect is to know the diam of heads and length of leaves, also in place of just three photographs of habit, it would be useful if you upload one habit, pne close up of head from top and one close up from side.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alok Mahendroo

19 Aug 2011, 11:52:32 pm19/08/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
You're absolutely right sir,
It would be difficult to identify with the meager info that I had
given... but given the circumstances of this journey I was hard placed
to start gathering the detailed info about the plethora of flowers I was
seeing (barely managed to photograph them)... Let it just remain a
record of upper Chamba and if I have the fortune of visiting this place
again.. I'd try and collect more info..
Thank you once again..
regards
Alok

Balkar Arya

20 Aug 2011, 11:48:08 am20/08/11
to Alok Mahendroo, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Again a wild Guess
Verbesina sp
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Tabish

20 Aug 2011, 12:07:07 pm20/08/11
to efloraofindia
This should be Aster albescens
http://www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/Fading%20Himalayan%20Aster.html
- Tabish

On Aug 20, 8:48 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Again a wild Guess
> Verbesina sp
>
> >http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...
>
> > --
> > Himalayan Village Education Trust
> > Village Khudgot,
> > P.O. Dalhousie
> > District Chamba
> > H.P. 176304, India
>
> >www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
> >www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
>
> >http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...

Gurcharan Singh

20 Aug 2011, 12:36:24 pm20/08/11
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Yes I think Tabish ji is right. Aster albescence, described as Microglossa albescence in FBI. Strangely The Plant List considers both as correct names, not even citing the basionym in latter.

Balkar ji, it seems your hint may help us to solve the mystery of plant I uploaded from near Panchkula growing in the wasteland. It may be verbesina encelioides.It must be somewhere in the mailbox but I will upload it again

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Alok

20 Aug 2011, 1:04:25 pm20/08/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Tabish ji..
as also to Gurcharan ji and Balkar ji for the continued interest in
these observations
regards
Alok