Ficus mysorensis Goni Tree -Fruiting

raghu ananth

Mar 14, 2008, 12:16:03 AM3/14/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Ficus mysorensis
Fam Moraceae
Local name: Gon`i

A tall, large, shady  and magnificient tree found fruiting on Feb 24th 2008.
We saw two of them, one of the tree had just started fruiting while the other had 100's of fruit and some had alredy fallen into ground (by bats ?). An Indigenous tree found in karnataka.

check this beautiful link

Lal`andevana halli, KRNagar, Mysore district

Regards
Raghu

.

GoniTree.jpg
DSC_4389.jpg
GoniTreeLeaves.jpg
GoniFruit.jpg
GoniTree2.jpg

satish phadke

Mar 14, 2008, 1:07:57 AM3/14/08
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Raghu
Nice pictures, Very nice link.... it inspires us to check ficus trees in each ones areas.Recently I have seen one or two ficus trees around (Pune Western Maharashtra)with totally yellow fruits may be1-3 cm.Will observe it.
Satish
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/

Rajesh Ramnarayan

Mar 14, 2008, 7:19:41 AM3/14/08
to satish phadke, ragh...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I found from Top-SLIP that Ficus Mysorensis fruit is a  favourate among all Hornbills. In fact i saw the great indian hornbill on the tree several times duirng the trip. Bears also feed on the fruits..The tree was found with Fruits(Flowers?) in the month of Januray in Top slip.

regards
rajesh ramnarayan
Coimbatore