efloraofindia:''21102011MR2’’ ? ?croton flowering Pune

Madhuri Raut

Oct 21, 2011, 11:13:53 AM10/21/11
to efloraofindia

Sharing pictures of a croton flowering. I agree crotons are appreciated for the foliage but I have observed that when you photograph these not so attractive flowers they are really beautiful. This croton was chopped by some insensitive gardener. It hardly had any leaves but these tiny flowers attracted my attention. To my surprise there were other well grown crotons around but none were flowering

Date/Time-Oct 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub

Height/Length- about a foot

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- variegated

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- i do not know how to describe

no fruits seen

Regards

Bhagyashri

211020112658.jpg
211020112656.jpg
211020112657.jpg
211020112655.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 21, 2011, 11:40:28 AM10/21/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Not Croton Madhuri ji
I hope it is Acalypha wilkesiana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

ajinkya gadave

Oct 21, 2011, 11:45:33 AM10/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
yes this not croton this is Acalypha

Madhuri Raut

Oct 21, 2011, 11:46:15 AM10/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Oh! I thought any plant with these kind of colored leaves is a Croton. You must be really having a hearty laugh at my knowledge of Botany!! .
Regards
Bhagyashri

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
332.gif

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 21, 2011, 11:49:23 AM10/21/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
No Madhuri ji, your enthusiasm and love for plants is all that matters. All of us make mistakes. Just continue your service to the group.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
332.gif

Vijayasankar

Oct 21, 2011, 12:06:39 PM10/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Yes, it is Acalypha wilkesiana.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi
332.gif

Ushadi micromini

Oct 21, 2011, 12:11:57 PM10/21/11
to efloraofindia
Bhagyashri:
yes.. this is an acaylpha ..
see the similarities to your chenile plant?

now you have something more to study...

serious business....no laughing matter..
I am glad you noticed these things..

There are some other cultivars where flowers are so delicate one can
hardly see them..
I just photographed them... will upload soon...

Usha di
======

On Oct 21, 8:49 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No Madhuri ji, your enthusiasm and love for plants is all that matters. All
> of us make mistakes. Just continue your service to the group.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh! I thought any plant with these kind of colored leaves is a Croton. You
> > must be really having a hearty laugh at my knowledge of Botany!! [?].
> > Regards
> > Bhagyashri
>
> > On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Not Croton Madhuri ji
> >> I hope it is Acalypha wilkesiana
>
> >> --
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
>  332.gif
> < 1KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

Oct 21, 2011, 12:14:08 PM10/21/11
to efloraofindia
I forgot...
croton leaves : tough them are smooth surface, on the thickish side...
not so easy to bruise or tear...
now tough these...Acalypha leaves .. they are thinner... rougher and
tear off pieces quite easily...

Usha di
=====

On Oct 21, 8:49 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No Madhuri ji, your enthusiasm and love for plants is all that matters. All
> of us make mistakes. Just continue your service to the group.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh! I thought any plant with these kind of colored leaves is a Croton. You
> > must be really having a hearty laugh at my knowledge of Botany!! [?].
> > Regards
> > Bhagyashri
>
> > On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Not Croton Madhuri ji
> >> I hope it is Acalypha wilkesiana
>
> >> --
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
>  332.gif
> < 1KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

Oct 21, 2011, 9:30:04 PM10/21/11
to efloraofindia
typo....
its TOUCH...
not tough.. how could I typed it wrong twice... not once but twice...

touch the leaves that is...
========

On Oct 21, 9:14 pm, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>