''Id 25012012MR1’’ Plumbago zeylanica at Pune

Madhuri Raut

Jan 24, 2012, 11:23:15 PM1/24/12
to efloraofindia

8th Jan 2012

sharing images of Plumbago zeylanica growing wild outside a closed bungalow at Pune

Family Plumbaginaceae

Flowers are white, in terminal elongated spikes. Calyx densely covered with stalked, sticky glands.  The calyx has glandular trichomes (hairs), which secrete a sticky mucilage that is capable of trapping and killing insects; it is unclear what the purpose of these trichomes is; protection from pollination by way of "crawlers" (ants and other insects that typically do not transfer pollen between individual plants), or possible protocarnivory. Glandular trichomes structurally resemble the tentacles of Drosera and Drosophyllum. Capsules are oblong contained in a glandular persisitent calyx

--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

Nidhan Singh

Jan 25, 2012, 3:24:22 AM1/25/12
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Very nice and clear pics, Thanks Madhuri Ji

Madhuri Raut

Prashant Awale

Jan 26, 2012, 3:25:27 AM1/26/12
to Madhuri Raut, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Another beautiful series of photographs and information. Thanks Bhagyashri ji for incorporating interesting information in your posts.
Regards
Prashant

Madhuri Raut

Jan 26, 2012, 5:55:48 AM1/26/12
to Prashant Awale, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Prashant ji for your appreciation
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

Balkar Singh

Jan 27, 2012, 8:04:11 PM1/27/12
to Madhuri Raut, Prashant Awale, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice Catch of "Chitrak"
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Jan 27, 2012, 9:34:17 PM1/27/12
to Balkar Singh, Prashant Awale, Nidhan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkar ji for the appreciation and the common name
--
Regards
Dr.Bhagyashri Ranade

J.M. Garg

Jan 28, 2012, 10:56:02 AM1/28/12
to A. Daman, efloraofindia, Madhuri Raut, Gurcharan Singh
Hi, Bhagyashri ji,
Wikipedia link should have been given while quoting inf. from there.
Pl. follow it.
On 28 January 2012 09:49, A. Daman <agt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dr Bhagyashri Ranade / Madhuri Raut,

Would you object to revealing and acknowledging the true sources from where you have copied this information and signed with your own name?

This negligence on your part is particularly unjustifiable in light of what you have pledged just a couple of days earlier. On the 26th of Jan., 2012, you wrote: "I will surely cite all the references for the information I write in my future posts".

There is nothing in this information that is authored by Dr B. Ranade / Madhuri Raut. In fact, the bulk of the data in her message has been copied verbatim et literatim from Wikipedia. And the Wikipedia contributors have indeed footnoted the data with due acknowledgment of the references.

Aggie Daman

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1760 members & 1,00,000 messages on 21/12/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6000 species).

A. Daman

Satish Phadke

Jan 29, 2012, 3:16:18 AM1/29/12
to J.M. Garg, A. Daman, efloraofindia, Madhuri Raut, Gurcharan Singh
This original post is of 25th Jan 2012.
I also request Bhagyashree ji to acknowledge the source of information.
I am sure this might have happened due to ignorance.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Madhuri Raut

Feb 11, 2012, 11:27:41 AM2/11/12
to efloraofindia

Sorry for the late reply but I was out of town

The information on this plant was taken from the following links

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumbago